Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus washed my car today and took some pics... i know its no where near the best lookin legend out there so dont be to harsh on me its my 1st car.. i bought it when i was 18 (3 months ago) when i 1st bought this car it was a real piece of sh*t n wasnt even driveable.. trans & mounts were bad, cracked winshield, no inspection sticker, 2 flat tires, no speakers, battery was no good and it looked like it havent been washed in YEARS inside and out.. ive jus about bought it back to life now the only thing i need to do is get it painted.. i plan on havin it done sometimes this summer..i would have it done before then but i have 2 get ready for prom in may so i have to put that off.. i got a quote for $2,500 to get rid of the rust spot above the real wheel and remove all dints and paint the whole car. does it really cost that much to paint a car :confused: i really dont wanna spend over 1000 but anyways here are the pics...

5% tint all around (did it myself)

this is the worst side of my car.. it looks like they tried to paint it their self and did a horrible job.. it doesnt even match!

kinda funny b/c when i bought the car the engine was the cleanest part of the car

my favorite part...

the list:
5% tint all around
remote starter
pioneer speakers
amp & 2 12" subs
kenwood head unit(taken out)
pioneer navi
and this is only a start more to come...
4 channel amp for inside speakers
new leather
19's?
exhaust?

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
You are doing a great job so far,keep it up. you will get the legend fresh and clean when the time comes. btw that tint is going to have po-po messing with you in jersey!

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
that is a nice coupe...
too bad for the rust though... get on that asap!

with that gone ..it'll be 100 perfect

·
Registered
899 Posts
Good looking coupe, looks like you did a good job on the tinit too.
Tint is one thing I never had patience for.

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
know its no where near the best lookin legend out there so dont be to harsh on me its my 1st car.. i bought it when i was 18 (3 months ago) when i 1st bought this car it was a real piece of sh*t n wasnt even driveable.. trans & mounts were bad, cracked winshield, no inspection sticker, 2 flat tires, no speakers, battery was no good and it looked like it havent been washed in YEARS inside and out.. ive jus about bought it back to life now the only thing i need to do is get it painted..
This is EXACTLY what i just did 3 weeks ago. I Just bought my first car at 18(besides the CR-V my parents got me). I always wanted a Legend since i was a kid so after saving up some money i went on a search to find a legend for under $2000 that i could drive and work on at the same time, but it wasn't easy. Finding the right one was almost impossible (that story could be a whole other post) but i managed to find a guy selling a 1992 LS coupe 5spd with 1700000miles, a reacent major service done w/paperwork to prove it, no rust, and it had the factory remote for the alarm (still working) and the factory floormats in good condition (exactly what i wanted minus the TII & 6spd). I picked it up for $1500 and drove it home and i FUCKIN LOVE IT!!!! So far i have put about $300 it since and it seems to be coming along nicely.

·
Una Leyenda
1,143 Posts
keep doing your thing bro, a paint job will definitely set it off, that's how i started with my car, bhg, bad master cylinder, 5 broken windows, rotors pads, dented passenger fender, broken headlights, nuttin but fixing up but its all worth it in the end

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts
Lookin' good man. $2500 for a full paint job doesn't sound too bad, and that'll have your coupe looking CHERRY, so it's worth it. Engine does look super, I like your Navi unit too. Keep up the good work!

·
hi....
136 Posts
uhh hey op... i think you should remove the lower part of the oem intake box... it might give it more air... and while your at it do you mind taking pictures of the bolts to remove?:bigok: im going to be installiing mine this week hehe not sure if i can see all the bolts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
uhh hey op... i think you should remove the lower part of the oem intake box... it might give it more air... and while your at it do you mind taking pictures of the bolts to remove?:bigok: im going to be installiing mine this week hehe not sure if i can see all the bolts
i was thinkin about taking that off because ive never seen anyone leave it on after upgrading the intake.. ill take some pics once i get it off

·
Spiral descent
5,004 Posts
Looks pretty good actually. Like the rims too. Good job on getting her going again btw. A good paint job can be really expensive. Doesn't hurt to get some other quotes, but you're not going to find Maaco like prices for a good paint job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your ride is clean!!!! nice TL wheels!!! keep that all stock look!

hey do you know why the "green shift light is blinking?, and why the speedo needle is always jumping?, is this a "bad" VSS plug?, what should i do? I don't want to get ripped off by the dealer I repair my own car, but this was my 1st Legend this time. The car has 200K and runs just like new, no leaks of any kind, oil changes @3750 mil. Valvoline 10-30, Royal Purple Diff. Oil, Royal Purple Trans. fluid

1 - 20 of 21 Posts