Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody think its a bad idea to get this ECU chipped?

ITs JDM from the japaneese 95 type 2 legend gs. the connectors are on the opposite side because this unit was mounted on the right hand side because of the right hand drive. So its mounted upside down to get the connectors to fit.

it works fine, every now and then theres a surge or more like rev limit when shifting into 2nd from first, other than that there is an audible intake stage crossover at 4000rpm that i didnt hear with the bayou chipped type 1 ecu. its probably the tri stage manifold opeing up.
From seat of pants feel it doesnt feel any differnt in the low end the top end is hard to say. hopefully the track will be open tomorrow.

Im figuring that since this ECU is JDM its got little to no emission restrictions compared to the FED or CA ECU's. Whats that mean? MORE POWER!

PX9-902

~Hybrid

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
They use higher octane gas in Japan, right? I don't know if that would be taken into account by the ECU.

On a similar note, when I bought an extra ECU to be chipped, I went with a non-Cali one just if by any chance it would be less restrictive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts