Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found a 1995 G2 coupe with a type II engine. automatic, 84,500 miles for $14,900. the body is in good shape, dont see any dings, the leather is decent, and the carpet is pretty clean. it was a spoiler. is that a good price? if not, what is a good price and what should i be cautious about with a G2 coupe? is there anything in particular i should check out? thanks guys

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
A car is only worth what you are willing to pay for it, but use www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com as your guides.

One important thing is to find out if the 90k service (water pump/timing belt) has been done; which I highly doubt. It will be due very soon, and will cost anywhere from $600-$1000 depending on where you go.

Check for radiator leaks and find out if it has ever overheated. Overheating can cause head gasket problems which are costly to repair.

Other than that, things to check are:
Door lock actuator (door locks continuously cycling), vehicle speed sensor (erratic speedometer), and broken transmission mount (excessively jerky shifting).

That's what I can think of right now. I'm sure that any blanks that I may have left will be filled in by others here. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.