Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As you can see my matt was a little, purple, so i found some carpet paint (duplicolor, made for interior fabric and carpet) and redid the matt. Looks like new. I then buffed the burlwood console, and that turned out loverly, Finally, i cleaned up the coupe a little and wanted to show a little hint of black bird. Sorry about the dark areas, but i was just aiming for reflection anyway :D

Sorry if it seems like a mundane shoot, just felt a little mundane for a little while.

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
The carpet Looks real good. I need to dye my carpet too. just leave the back carpet it looks good just the way it is.

·
Registered
351 Posts
nice mat's there hot i plan to get some when i purchase my next legend and get it ready for the tri state meet.

·
Completly rebuilding...
258 Posts
Anyone know if dying Type F carpet with this black paint will produce simular results?
Where can you get the paint? What does it take to apply paint to the carpet?

llloydxmas

Yup, and this is what it looks like in the car.

just not sure if i should do it to this mat though...........do you think i should?

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
lovely mats up front...same in the back, but why the grey rear mat? why not do that in black too?

man I love those rims on your car....beautiful!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
that rear mat is kinda special, it would seem

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone know if dying Type F carpet with this black paint will produce simular results?
Where can you get the paint? What does it take to apply paint to the carpet?

llloydxmas
These mats were originally type F ;P But i had dyed them before, and they faded. This paint spruced them up nicely.

Paint can be gotten at any auto parts store and to apply, just spray light coats. I did notice on a type F piece i did straight (was tan to start) if rubbed clean, it was becoming light. But 2-3 coats should fix it well.

That rear mat is special, its from JDM land so im not sure i want to make it that color yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts