Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u guys know if organic brakes are good?
supposely they dont leave brake dust and reduce noise.
a guy at auto zone said carbon is better, than i read ceramic is good and now this?
hmm?....:confused:

what do u guys recommend?
-John Q.-

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Johnny Quest said:
do u guys know if organic brakes are good?
supposely they dont leave brake dust and reduce noise.
a guy at auto zone said carbon is better, than i read ceramic is good and now this?
hmm?....:confused:

what do u guys recommend?
-John Q.-
I don't think you can buy organic (asbestos) pads anymore. But why bother when most all other pad materials out perform them.

If you can find organic pads, they won't last very long.

·
Registered
602 Posts
They still sell organic pads but they need to be replaced about twice as often as semi-metallic. They won't produce any noise but aren't really any better. Semi-metallic shouldn't produce that much noise at all and last longer. Don't use metallic on this car- they will eat your rotors. This one brakes guy I talked to said to use only original Honda/Acura pads on them so they don't make any noise. I bought aftermarket semi-metallic that sqeaked a lil bit so I put some of the brakes-be-quiet spray on the pads and they shut up completely.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I bought some brakes from Acura a couple of days ago and the dealer told me not to use full metallic pads, due to rotor eating. and they dont sqeak

·
Registered
602 Posts
When I got my car it had full metallic pads on it- don't ever go that route. I was just glad I didn't have to get new rotors. If the pads from Acura were less than $75 then I would definetly get them. If not, I would go aftermarket and do the spray thing.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
firestorm said:
If the pads from Acura were less than $75 then I would definetly get them. If not, I would go aftermarket and do the spray thing.
When I called Acuras whole sale line, they sent them to me front and back for $89.00 including shipping.

·
92 LS *o*pe
466 Posts
I have to agree with Firestorm about the original pad. I asked my mechanic whom works for and Acura dealer , he said that the original pads are much more quiet then the aftermarker one. I'm starting the think that my mechanic is correct because i have some aftermarker one that been squeeeeeking for a while. Its kinda of annoying. From now on i think i'm sticking with the original Acura parts. Of cours that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
602 Posts
$89 is a good price for front and back pads... what number did you call for that price? I need to get new back pads soon:D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
firestorm said:
$89 is a good price for front and back pads... what number did you call for that price? I need to get new back pads soon:D
1-800-441-6878 . When you call, ask for the parts department, and say that you got the number from your car and driver book. and there should be a discount.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks MrSmith.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Re: thanks smith

Johnny Quest said:
thanks for the info smith.
-John Q.-:D
Who invited you, Thats MR Smith last name Wesson, and by the way, were are Bandit and Hadji Singh??:D Just playin around, Your very welcome;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts