Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was sitting at a stop sign behind a tow truck, when suddenly he decides to throw it in reverse on a public street. I wasn't on his ass, so I had some time to react. I threw the nimble S2K in reverse, revved it up, and dumped the clutch. I was too late, but I avoided some serious damage. I was already moving backwards when the front-wheel-lift forks on the back of his truck hit the hood, fender, and front clip. The rate of speed that this guy was going in reverse made me think he was out to kill me, no bull. This wasn't the case, but it was the first thing to cross my mind. Anyway, if I hadn't spun the tires in reverse like I did, there would have been no evidence to support the fact that I DID NOT rear end the guy. Luckily, he didn't claim that, but openly admitted to the officer on the scene that he was backing up to get a number from a 'for rent' sign he saw a couple houses back. He said he checked his mirrors and "just didn't see me back there." Review the photos, look at where my rear tire marks are on the pavement compared to the position of his truck on the road. If he had checked his right side mirror, he would have seen at least half of my car sitting back there! His truck is sitting right in the middle of the road! Nobody was hurt, but I really think it could have been a lot worse. He never came to a stop until those damn forks were sitting directly above my tire marks! (Keep in mind an S2K is a rear-wheel-drive) Look at the pics! I would have had those forks through the windshield! The car could most definitely have been totaled if I didn't think quickly. I've avoided a ton of wrecks, but I've never been in a situation where I was sitting still when I had to react. There's not much you can do! I'll always have the fear of getting creamed while I'm stopped now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry to see that. That kind of shit happens a lot with these cars. Usually people back up over them when leave a parking lot, etc. A guy on S2ki just had his $2000 spoon bumper trashed by a pickup truck back up.

Make sure the repaint is good - New formula red usually matches like crap so its probably going to be a fenders forward job with fading into the body..

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
damn, yo ass aint driving yo mama's car no mo...lol, j/k

I cant believe it happened at that little sleepy intersection...way to be aware of your surroundings Tow Truck Man! You were probably following him for a while...how do you not know someone's behind you?

:thumbsdow

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it's safe to say it's totaled. :)
Your mom drives an S2000?! Nice! Good thing your were aware and moved back.
Yeah, coolest mom ever. She's even got the hardtop. I was drivin it cuz I was tryin to figure out a vibration problem for her, and I had just got done cleaning it, changin the oil and diff, and other service stuff.

We're turning in the most expensive quote. lol. $3250! Replacing the front clip, dr fender, hood, headlamp, and the paint will fade through the doors. It'll look better than it did before. No cheap body shop for my momma's baby.

Someone asked why I didn't honk the horn. We'll, I'm not sure if I did or not. My first instinct was to look behind me and get the hell away from this crazy muther trucker, because he was comin back FAST. It looked like he dumped the clutch on that thing, cuz the whole truck bucked up when it started backwards. I seriously thought the guy recognized me from a long time ago, and has always wanted revenge for something. I didn't think, just tried to get the hell out of there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.