Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Legend is gone :(
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i had a little front end work done thanks to some guy in a 1500 truck. On to the story i was comming out of crestview high school came to the devide in the highway look to my right and see the inside lane is open so i start to go next thing i know there is a truck in front of me and my bumper is going through the air. Truns out the guy in the truck was in the right lane and wanted to turn as well no turn sig or anything motherfucker even talls the cop that he had his turn sig on right as i hit him but that would have him in the damn turning lane so cops come take one look at me and say its my fault i call :bs: on that so im taking everything to cort. Dammage done was both fog lights are busted pass head light and corner light are both busted and one side of my bumper is cracked all to hell. I will post pic's later wish me luck you guys.....

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Did you take pictures at the scene with your phone?

·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you take pictures at the scene with your phone?
Nah i keep a camera in the car for just such occasions. Now the only thing i really don't like about all of this is the old dude would not let me take any pic's of his truck....

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Nah i keep a camera in the car for just such occasions. Now the only thing i really don't like about all of this is the old dude would not let me take any pic's of his truck....
Unless the truck is parked in his driveway old dude couldn't have done much about it as it was on a public road so any member of the 'public' can take a pic of a public area that happens to have a private vehicle parked on it. But oh well. Sorry to hear about the Legend man. :( Do you have insurance? If so take make sure you fill out the police report to make it look like his fault and then your insurance companies lawyers should be on his lyin' behind.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
^ You had every right to...fuck what he says....I did that for my wife's Infiniti and the cops let me so long as I didnt take pictures of the passengers from the other car...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I don't know about Florida, but in California, I believe the law pretty much is, the fault is almost always the driver who hits the other car from behind.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
You should have taken pics of his truck. Stupid old fart, I hope you win in court and get your Legend fixed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
ya i had that happen to me once except i rear ended a telephone pole:p ...they gave me a no fault because there was lots of ice...sorry to hear about the legend,,,,best of luck to you though in the case

·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about Florida, but in California, I believe the law pretty much is, the fault is almost always the driver who hits the other car from behind.
It's the same here but i hit the side ;) not the back. And everyone the dude would not move away from the spot that i hit on his truck a little odd but oh well . Oh and some good news i think a few cameras from the school saw the entire thing :woot:.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
It's the same here but i hit the side ;) not the back. And everyone the dude would not move away from the spot that i hit on his truck a little odd but oh well . Oh and some good news i think a few cameras from the school saw the entire thing :woot:.
Sweet!! Go and see if they will release a copy to you. You might actually have to file in court first and then subpoena the video evidence if they're unwilling to just give you a copy. Turn on the charm!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Good luck, hope everything works out for your legend.

"your insurance companies lawyers should be on his lyin' behind."

youd think so but ins companies dont like to spend money on its customers even if their customer is right and legal fees aint cheap.

its the reason i only have liability, ive been screwed over big time when i had full... atleast this way if they try to screw me they didnt get much out of me.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Good luck, hope everything works out for your legend.

"your insurance companies lawyers should be on his lyin' behind."

youd think so but ins companies dont like to spend money on its customers even if their customer is right and legal fees aint cheap.

its the reason i only have liability, ive been screwed over big time when i had full... atleast this way if they try to screw me they didnt get much out of me.
I should have worded that better. I mean 89's ins co lawyers would go after old pickup dude's ins co to reclaim the insurance money they would have paid 89 in the first place (if he had full coverage). I didn't mean his ins co lawyers would go to court on his behalf (that's what it sounded like though) but their own behalf, which would also work to 89's advantage. :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
take pics w/his dumbass standin in front of his truck..better than nothin...or ask the cops to get him away from the truck so u can take pics, lol..sux man, sorry...g'luck tho.

·
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
take pics w/his dumbass standin in front of his truck..better than nothin...or ask the cops to get him away from the truck so u can take pics, lol..sux man, sorry...g'luck tho.
No in Fl you can take pic's of all vechles involved but you cant take any pic's of the people involved. Shitty eh....

·
Registered
352 Posts
dam... :vomit:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts