Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
Today on my way back home from an errand, as i was in an intersection waiting to make a left, the light turned red and this idiot in a nissan frontier pickup flew through the light and hit me...after waiting for 3 hours, i get the citation, eventhough he ran the light and was speeding..my legend has an estimated $3,000 in damage, and his car has $1,500...what do i do now? is there anyway to take what my car is worth and start over? It's nothing too bad, the radiator blew,and the front quarter panels,hood, headlights,and bumper cover need replacing, that's all that i see...you're suggestions are greatly appreciated.

G

·
Hey same thing happen to me

If its still driveable take it to Acura of South Florida and have them have their body shop in Ft. Lauderdale look at it. If you go through your insurance co. they will probably tell u to take it to acura which inturn will send it through the body shop.. They are very good. I took my TL there when it got hit and they showed me all the things that was wrong with it.. They said my car was totaled and told the insurance co. that.. So I got the monye back for the TL and brought the Legend Coupe..

·
Registered
580 Posts
ok, now why the heck did you get a Citation???

or did I miss something here

Looks like U where in the right

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel i was right too, but since i was makin the turn on a red light, i was supposed to yield to him supposedly...man what a creep that guy was, he called his whole fam down there, people in their cars would see my car and sympathize about such a nice car, and his wife would yell at me sayin she saw i was tryin to get witnesses that weren't there, man i wanted to grab a piece of my car and hit the guy with it...my car got towed :( to a place called Ultimate Body Shop, i haven't signed papers yet as to waht to do, all i have is an insurance claim number...i just wish i could let go of that car, and start fresh, i'm not the guy to go through repairs and all teh wait, i really need a car to get to school and such...how much will my insurance go up? this really sucks...

·
Registered
655 Posts
That sucks

I Kinda understand why they gave u the citation, either way u look at it someone has to be blamed, and it leans on your side, even though he could have avoided it.Everyone has been in that situation before just didnt have uncourteous driver hit them.I feel for ya bro.I would try to get them to total it . A car never is the same after a wreck,couple months after its fixed something goes wrong and they blame it on wear and tear.Your insurance will go up, it stays for usually 3 years.Good luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Unfortunatley, In most states when you are making a left hand turn at an intersection and someone runs the light and smacks into you, it is always your fault.. a few years back this happend to me and the guy that hit me clearly ran the red light but I got screwed in the end.. I had two witnesses but Legaly I was at fault..

These days I wait untill I am absolutely sure that oncoming traffic is going to stop before I make left hand turns.. screw the cars in back of you waiting, If they honk just give em the finger and a smile.

I hope you had collision coverage:(

·
Registered
175 Posts
kinda feel wierd responding to this one but i was in the EXACT same situation but i was the guy cummin goin straight! there was a corolla turning left but in my case the light was a stale yellow and she turned out in front of me. the insurance company AND the cops said it was shared fault. maybe cuz she was takin away in an a car and there was nothing wrong with me. i dunno but that's what happened. oh well.
lata
good luck man

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have full coverage, but the damage to my car(est. $3,000) and the other (1,500) put together, plus the ticket i got, god knows how high my insurance will get, add to that that i'm an 18 year old male...i want to claim my car as totaled and just start over, but i doubt that will happen as only the front end is messed up...(the front quarter panels, hood,headlights, and bumper are gone, the engine leaks oil, and the radiator threw up everything at the scene of the accident)...how badly damaged does my car sound? Any suggestions? thanks again for your concern.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, if i get a ticket, with the accident, will the insurance see this as two incidents or one? I'm praying it'll be one cuz if not, i'll probably be paying my legends value every year as a premium...

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone know if this is enough for it to be 'totaled'??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts