Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got a ticket today for excessive speeding(22350).

i didnt think i was even going that fast. got hit in a speed trap too. theres this 'oreo-like' area surrounded by 45signs and i got caught in the slow cremey part. yummy. doing 52 in a 35 zone.

help anyone? esti?

i wanna fight it, since i never saw the 35 sign (big rigs cutting my view) and i was in the slow lane with other ppl passing me...

any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Fa'git a' bout it!!! Pay tha court, go to na'di driver'$ $chool. That way u'll keep it off your driving record and your in$urance $hould not be effected.

One...

Fut :cool:

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but here in GA you can plead No Lo to your first ticket. That is once for each type of ticket. I would check around. If there is nothing like that, and you don't have any connections in the area, then just pay it.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
602 Posts
You can ask for the all the licenses from the officer in court. Ask to see his registration for the gun, the calibration of the gun, and the tunning fork that it was calibrated with. Usually they don't have all this paperwork with them and you can get off. Downside- you may have to pay court costs.
Depending upon your laws you can usually take defensive driving instead of the ticket(I have done this twice). You must present to the judge that you are a good driver with a clean record and you want to take a driver improvement course. Even if they don't let you take it instead of the ticket you can still take it once every four years to clean your driving record of all points. Gluck. Let us know how it went.

Hey sleeprlegendcp,
Are the cops strict in your area? I am going to college in Aug. up there. Do they care much about speeding/tint/lighting? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
firestorm said:

Hey sleeprlegendcp,
Are the cops strict in your area? I am going to college in Aug. up there. Do they care much about speeding/tint/lighting? Thanks.
Are you going to Covenant College, UTC, or Chatt. State? I ask this because I know on the mountain the cops are cool. I know most of them, and they actually like my car. I asked them about my euro clear corners, 2 ga and 1 tn cop at once, with PIAA extreme whites in both locations. I even turned on the turn signal to make the bulbs blink. They said " I don't see anything wrong with it. It actually looks good." Now for the Chattanooga cops. I lost the title for my car in my move up here. I hadn't even gotten the tag yet. I had a paper in the window showing the date purchased. I was told to do this by the GA state patrol. I got pulled over in downtown. I had to swerve big time to avoid a fool with a long a$$ truck doing a U-turn into a parking spot. I ended up getting two tickets. One for no proof of ownership and the other for a non-valid drivers license. I don't even remember getting the second. TN said my license had to be changed, but GA said it was ok and I live in GA! I ended up paying over $180. $50 in fines and the rest was court cost. I have never had a problem with my corners in Chatt. yet! I don't have tint, but I see a lot of illegal tint running around. Keep me posted on your move this way. I would love to have another Legend up here!!!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
133 Posts
fight the ticket. at least make 'em work for the money.

in sacramento county you go to the traffic court, enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. if you plead not guilty they have assign a date 1-2 months away to fight it. a side not here, you talk to some type of DA/advisor who tries to get you to pay the ticket. [i was pulled over 4 times in a 6 week span a few years ago]. This lawyer for the court told me, "looks like you have a clean record Jon. im sure i could get the court to reduce the ticket from 280.00 to 120.00, no problem. how about you just sign here and we'll get ya outta here and back on to school, something a little more fun". LAFF. i always tell the person "considering I DO have a perfect record i'll go ahead and keep it that way and fight the ticket." anyways, the point is that they try to bull**** with ya and make you feel like they are doing a favor or something. it really does make me laugh though.

when its getting near notify them you'll need a different date because of an inability to make it. in california if you know you cant make the appearance you can move it as long as you NOTIFY them. you can do this up until the day before the date.cant get outta work / sick/ out of town etc. i had to move my date a couple times because of work and being sick. not sure how it works in ur area, but all i had to do was call in.

point here, is that the chances of the cop showing up are slim if the supposed ticket was from +4 months ago. even if he does show he probably wont remember what happened. ive had two tickets dismissed because cops didnt show.

then, make the cop show all of the calibration tools/paperwork like firestorm mentioned. make the court go through the process.

make 'em at least work for the money. in small towns you'll prolly lose anyways because those cops always show up and the court rarely lets people off. --its a source of revenue.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fut said:
Fa'git a' bout it!!! Pay tha court, go to na'di driver'$ $chool. That way u'll keep it off your driving record and your in$urance $hould not be effected.

One...

Fut :cool:
screw it. i'll just plead guilty n goto driver school. i was thinking the ticket was 300 bucks+. still gotta call to find out what the exact price is.

thanks everyone

·
Registered
507 Posts
plead not guilty

If your a good student with a clean driving record, they will sometimes let you off clean. I got a ticket for going 60 in a 35 zone. I took it to court, had no reason for going that fast, was told to slow down, and got it all dropped from my record in exchange for a $100 contribution to charity. Saved $65 and tons of insurance money (which stayed at just over 1k for a year, not bad for a teenage male driver).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.