Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure alot of you have heard that Japanese people "roll in money" not entirely true but most are better off than not. Now to get on with it, a guy (about 22-24 years old) stopped by the shop today as we were doing more customizing with the Air Suspension. After talking to the manager and I about everything that has been done, he offered me 2,100,000 yen (roughly $19,000) for her, after she gets fresh paint.

Not bad considering I paid $1700 for the car and have only another $6000 out of pocket into it. He said it will be a standing offer when I'm ready. Well if he was that quick to offer that I think somebody might offer more. And if I see enough I hate to say it fellas..but I will sell. I'd be stupid not to. But I will remain a Honda/ Acura owner as my next purchase will be a 1998 or 1999 NSX. LOL Sorry if I bored anyone, but I had to tell my Legend brothers and sisters.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Bored us?? Hell no, that is very interesting. You would, no offense, be stupid not to sell it. $19,000? So what, you rake in like 11 or 12k? Sheeit, go for that NSX. I'd personally have a tough time doing it, but with a profit margin like that it is very hard to resist. Especially your Leg, it is very nice. Laters.

G

·
We'll still let you hang with us if you get an NSX. That'd be alright in my book ;). Is there an actual NSX forum? Congrats though on the great offer, and if I were you I would just take that one guys incredible offer and go get the NSX right now.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hahah Great Job,

I suggest getting a older NSX, and then getting another Legend :) haha I guess I am kinda Biased, but your in a hard position, and I totally don't blame you, thats allot of cash!

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Take the money and run. I know someone who was offered MUCH more than what his car is worth, and decided to hold out for more. This was about 4 years ago, and he still has his car. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas, I talked to my friend at a local car lot and asked him to check the auction sheets for an NSX for me.....1997 22,000 kms, and for .........................around $15,000...plus you guys know how cheap the Legends are over here (any used car for that matter) so since I'm getting married in Sept. , I guess she is just gonna have to drive a Legend cause I'll be gettin another if I get the NSX that cheap. But I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM, I have a pending sponsorship deal with a BIG American Car Parts company...I won't elaborate yet....but if everything works out I will have to keep the Legend for another year....what can I say...I don't mind, that's what I say. I love my Legend! On that sponsorship deal...let's just say I'll be "Glowing"!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speed demon, if there is an NSX forum, I probably won't be on it too much, I would feel like a slut, changing forums to be with others I think I'd fit in better with. Ha; f that, I belong here.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
jrock7791 said:
[B....but if everything works out I will have to keep the Legend for another year....what can I say...I don't mind, that's what I say. I love my Legend! On that sponsorship deal...let's just say I'll be "Glowing"!!! [/B]
see now, that's the spirit i'm talkin' about!!

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
hey jrock i think i heard you mention that 6-speeds weren't available in japan?? how much do you think they would go for over in japan? also how much are skylines (r34) over there? thanks andrew

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably alot, this here is the reverse of the states. Like if you drive a manual Mustang for instance, and compare in the Kelly Blue Book...a automatic will be worth more. Exactly the opposite here, manual gets alot more $$ than autos. I'll check that r34 price right now, give me about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
R34

Andrew, Here is a couple for you the first is one without the hype...NO GTR. It's about $15000. And look closely it's one of the four door models. The second is the one, about $68000!!!!!!!! Skyline GTR V-spec

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
From what I understand it is because Motorex owns the rights to all the parts needed to make the Skyline legal in the US. So any Skyline not shipped throught them is classified as Illegal. I think this only applies to cars registered in the US. If you are just keeping the car in the US for a while I don't think they can touch you.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
733 Posts
jrock7791 said:
And the other one.
You can send me the first one and I'll do my own mods. For 68Gs I'd rather see a nice roof over my head.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Yup, Lee's right about the MOTOREX issue - they're crookes, considering that they want US$28,000-$45,000 for an R32! That car isn't worth barely anything in CO.JP... You could pick up an S15 Silvia for more! And they have the nerve to charge those prices... I've been talking to MOTOREX for the past few weeks, trying to get my old busted up GTS-t in the country, and they want $14,000 plus "Other expenses" to get it here... $hit, I only paid $2,300 (around) to get the drivetrain going and get in installed correctly, and my friend only paid $2,000 for the body - no engine, trans, wiring harness... That's it... Now if the car would ever run right, I might being it over, but for now it's a junker in his backyard (which is actually his ONLY yard...)

Jrock-

I know that you have access to all kinds of publications, like CAR SENSOR and the like... can you check on the current state of R33 GTR's and also S14 Silvia K's? That would be really much appreciated, and you don't have to post pictures... as I know both of those cars pretty well...

Thanks man!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.