Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OG Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed you guys advice and got the Nikon 775...its a great camera, BUT I can't dowload the images to my computer.
I installed Cumulus and Nikon view 4 which came with my cam, followed all instructions but when I plug in the camera to the USB cord it won't start the program, I even tried to start it manually but couldn't. Any ideas!!!?? Got some pics of my Legend and want to share it with you guys!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
should be easy... install the software, then connect the cord from the computer to the camera. make sure the power of the camera is on, have it set on the setting with the arrow with the box around it. click on my computer, and there should be an additional drive labeled nikon or something. search through that drive and search through the folder(s) to find the pics. easy as pie. copy the pics to where ever you want to. you can also delete them there too.

·
OG Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It didn't work Legendarith, it only took my to the installation options. I checked out the device manager under system properties and noticed that under hard disk controllers the nikon digital camera controller is not working. It says: "Windows stopped working while attempting to start this device, and therefore will never attempt to start this device again (Code 11)"
Any ideas guys???

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I wish I were there to check it out in person. The only way to check to see if your usb port works is to plug any other usb peripheral device into the usb port and see if it works. If it doesn't work, then check the connection of the usb port (if not near the mouse and keyboard ports) by opening the computer up and check to see if the connection from the usb to the mother board is secure. It will be two wires that connect to a rectangular shape onto the motherboard.

Windows98 shouldn't be a problem for downloading pictures. Have you checked the nikon site for troubleshooting issues? Or search google for the same issues? The last resort is going out and buying a card reader. Those work like a charm. :) Goodluck.

G

·
Make sure that you have the camera set to connect or whatever (if there is an option for that on the camera). My advice to you though is to just go buy a card reader. They make life so much easier and they are real fast too. I have had one (it came with my 995) and because of it I have never even installed the Nikon software. If you are going to get one though I recomend the Microtek one, and if you have firewire then go for that one :D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.