Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after having had it on order for ~4 months, and then walking into a local alpine dealer, i walked out with my latest toy... the alpine cda-7998. [email protected] is it fine, and in more ways than one. it looks awesome, sounds awesome, and plays cdr's and mp3's to boot! i *love* this thing. here are a couple of pics:

with the face extended:

and with the face hidden:

if you wanna find out more about it, you can look here:

Alpine's Website on the CDA-7998

Crutchfield's website on the CDA-7998

cheers!

wally

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Looks great man...I need to get an MP3 Player...I am gonna wait a few years though...Eventually, someone I hope will come out with an LCD/DVD/MP3/VCD/Navigation unit in one...There is already one unit that has all but the Navi...I'm waiting...:) Moving this to G2 General Discussion...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Blo said:
Clarion has a unit that has all that then ou can add the joyride nnavi to it. Really expensive though
Yep, the Clarion one is the one I was talking about...I'm waiting..

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Matt Whelan said:
Eventually, someone I hope will come out with an LCD/DVD/MP3/VCD/Navigation unit in one...There is already one unit that has all but the Navi...I'm waiting...:) Moving this to G2 General Discussion...
The Alpine one has everything you mentioned including a DTS/ Dolby Digital decoder, but does not have the LCD or navigation. I was planning to get that deck (Not the Phantom one pictured above) and use it with an LCD monitor.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Wally. What did you end up doing with your stock stereo?

My Bose system head unit has a seriously faded LED display, and I'm looking for an affordable stock replacement.

Regards,

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all for the compliments. guy - i am actually going camping this week (for 6 days!) i will not be back until sunday afternoon. i *do* want to meet up with you sometime soon though (hopefully, you will be able to make it to the meet down in san louis in august?). sean - i still have my stock headunit, and am planning on selling it. send me an email, and i'll get back to you when i get back from camping. take care everyone,

wally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.