Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the junk yard here in Long Island NY and Low and behold there was a Great condition Acura legend Motor waiting for me. The guy said it cam from a steering. I just needed that CODE 14 part Electronic Air/Idle Valve

Cost me about $40
I also have a code 1 O2 sensor
I went to autozone and the bosch O2 ENSOR IS 37.99 EACH. I am going to shop around for a deal on that one.

By the way,,,,,, The engine parts are up for grabs!! or whole thing!! I do not know for how much, but here is the number.
POPPY'S
North Clinton Auto Parta & Wreckers, INC
631-665-1575
FAX 631-665-1596
Toll free 1800-286-1575
Bayshore

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Good find!

I still haven't found any Legends in Junkyards. I think they're all on "special" junkyards or something. I'm going to have to do more research around here.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O2 sensor Update

I had a great day for Car work today so I jumped on it!!

1. Been getting a up and down idle in the mornings. The book says bad EACV!
As I said I went to the junk yard and got one and so far the problems is fixed but the car has not been sitting overnight yet. So its early but i feel it should be fine. (I noticed the bad one did not have a strainer in the small whole but the one i got from the junk yard did! mummmmmm????
well the 14 code is gone!!!!!!!!
After replacing that part I have no more code 1 O2 sensor (front) strange. I had the code 1 before that other problem started. oh well.

The ECU is blank. no codes! How is that?
Anyways I went to autozone and got 2 new sensors. (front and rear)I got a free o2 sensor tool to borrow.! lol like people do not buy the part and return it after they are done. so anyway it took me 2 hrs to Replace the O2s and replaced oil and filter. the rear sensor was easy from the top of car. the front was the real *****.
Still no codes but, the system check is still on :( I pulled the altenator fuse in the engin bay area and same thing. I have to try to disconnect the battery next.

No I have another problem:(
I have a gas leak by the rubber and metal fuel lines next to the gas tank. I am pissed. more work! so I am going to instegate more on were it is coming from and try to fix it.

anyone knows how much is the feul lines and were online to get them?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
poor idle update!!!!!!!

Well I did replace the part
Electronic Air/Idle Valve because of CODE 14

That still did not solve the problem.

after 2 weeks I decide to check the antifreez.

I did notice antifreeze flows threw the Electronic Air/Idle Valve .
I not it was some type of liquid if I am wrong.
Anyways I put more water and antifreez and the next day the idle was much better. It is smooth now. I also got more heat. I always got pissed when the heat took so dam long to come.

So. Check all fluids before reading that ECU for codes!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey talrudeboy, im here in queens. Havent seen any legends in junkyards.

was that legend a coupe or a sedan? i called a lot of junkyards in queens/long island and had no luck with anything
been looking for both of the corner lights for a coupe

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car in junk yard

Jiggy89LS there is a white G1 in long island on suffolk road (deerpark) I saw this car there over a year ago. I got the stock radio off it but it was hit in the front. I need a corner light too!
Also the G1 car was hit on the front left I think. I doubt it if the right corners is on there. I did see the 90 tailights but who knows what is left at this point. It was a White 1990 G1 LS

I am eyeing another G1. ITs red and it was hit on the front right. I spoke to the guy and he said I can buy it for $500. I got him to sell some parts. (fendor,Driverside lights(corner) for like $250.
The car is flipping bronx and I am not buying the whole car and towing it 60 miles to my house! (long Island)

My idea is when I go to get what I need I will let you know and you can deal with the guy. Just let me get my parts 1st.

I am about to hit the hea stadium are too! A G1 MUSt be in those Junk yards!

·
Registered
867 Posts
shea stadium? i doubt it

watch out driving in those streets over there...nails and all kinds of pointed junk just lying there...i got so many flats there and my friend had to eventally get his tires replaced

if u find a coupe with corner lights, let me know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts