Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Pulled Over Last Night!

doing 83mph on Hwy with 65mph limit. I wasnt even trying to speed just cruising at my everyday hwy speed and that sucker was in the middle of hwy with no lights on clocking at 10:45pm. I Immediatly thru the E-brake to try and slow it down but 2-late. He got behind me I immediately pulled over lowered my window and just was truthfull bout the whole thing...ya I realize u pulled me for speeding sorry I ddint realize it ...He asked whats the rush ...I explained on me way to work and had 15min to get there and handed him License, registration+ID all together with a binder clip. (I think cops like it when you have all your stuff ready and hand it to them 1st thing before they even ask.) He went back ran my stuff everything came back OK and just told me to slow it down and 2-day lucky day since I aint gettin a ticket --WOOOO HOOOO my record has been clean for over 3 yrs now and is gonna stay that way even after tonight. The money for the ticket wasnt gonna bother me the High Ins premims for the next three years with a speeding violation was what really was gonna bug me. Im soo lucky ,, I NEED TO FIX MY CRUISE CONTROL usually I set it at speed limit and dont even think about it...guess my foot just kept getting heavier and heavier without realizing it. Car drives too darn smooth to realize your speeding. I was gonna invest in a Valentine Radar Detector but after seeing they are bout $300 min I think Id rather fix my cruise control and just not speed. Spend the $300 on a rear spoiler instead. I think what saved my azz was pulling over immediately. Apologizing and acknowledging (innocently) why I was pulled over , handing and having my documents ready without him asking,,,and most importantly REMAIN CALM . I had no rearview mirror, my Insurance ID expired 2 months ago (4got to put the new one in glovebox) and I may have had something illegal on me :eek: ....Perhaps since the cop was Latino like me I got a break ...I need to leave to work earlier peace yall...Be careful of the HOLIDAY SPEED TRAPS EVERYWHERE...tis the season

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Heh in Kansas you can speed all you want and just pay double the fine and it changes to a $300 parking ticket, which means no insurance increases :).

·
Registered
2 Posts
your luckey you didnt get pulled over in Virginia

I was in the same position as you a few months ago, but cops in Virginia Beach arent as forgiving. I had all my paper work nice and neat just like you but the officer saw a young kid in a nice car, and gave me a reckless driving ticket. it cost me about a thousand after legal fees,and court fines were paid, not to mention the two hundred dollar driving school they made me attend. i havent goten anymore speeding violations sense than but my brother has gotten six moving violation in a half a year driving a 1978 400ci Pontiac Trans Am. He has lost his liscense for over a year, and will probably be working off the legal fees for another two. It's good to see that police arent as cut throating and fierce in other states. good luck with your clean record and slow the f down if you come threw Virginia.(especially Emporia)!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.