Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted a navi system for my car ever since i got it so i decided to get the pioneer AVIC-D3 from bestbuy. i could have had it shipped to me but it was on backorder and would have taken like 2 weeks just for them to send it and im way too impatient for that so i drove all the way to PA to pick up (they were the only store that had it) none of the cops bothered me about my tint the whole way there and back. it wasnt until after i got back home installed it and was driving around testin it out when i got pulled over. usually when i see a cop i open the sun roof or put down my front windows but i didnt see him til after i stoped at the light. he made a uturn two cars behind me but i already knew he was going 2 pull me over before he even put his lights on and surely soon as the light turned green he cut off the other cars and got right behind me and pulled me over. so yea i got a ticket for my tints on the front windows but what i dont get is theres no price on there for tints and when i go on njmcdirect.com to try to pay it, it say they cant find the ticket.. is this a f*ck up on the cops part? i hope so lol and yes i put the ticket number and everything in correct and i tried about 5 different times but it still doesnt come up.. any1 in new jersey ever got a ticket for your tints?? how does this work?? do i have to take them off and get my car inspected or do i jus have to pay the ticket???

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
not sure about NJ, but in NY its a $60 ticket.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
With jersey the cops dont always submit the tickets right away, from what i understand once you receive the ticket the cop has to bring the ticket to a police clerk that has to load the ticket number onto the online data base, and being that most cops and clerks can be lazy it usually takes one to two business days after you get the ticket b4 it shows online. If you frequent jersey its better to roll with 35% on your front windows, cause if you get stopped once, they willl keep you on the list of cars to stress in NJ...

·
Registered
241 Posts
+1^ u gotta give it at least 2 days for it to be in the system i've had that done to me plenty of times and i believe its $55 to $65 for that ticket.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
I had this happen to me b4.

I got a ticket for tints, and no front plate. came to court to show them i had fixed it, and they couldn't find the ticket on their books.

Seems the Cop must have tossed the ticket himself (not submitted it). they tossed it out by default. :woot::woot: i didn't have to pay 200 as it as $100 per ticket, but they wouldn't make me pay anyways b4 i fixed the problems....

·
Registered
285 Posts
wow you guys got it rough. Me and my friend put 2.5% on his miata and we haven't been pulled over.Of course we live in South Dakota bbut Its been on for over a year:headscrat

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow you guys got it rough. Me and my friend put 2.5% on his miata and we haven't been pulled over.Of course we live in South Dakota bbut Its been on for over a year:headscrat
yea in jersey its illegal to have any tint on your front windows but people tint them anyways and MOST cops dont care. i had 20% tint on my fronts for 2 months before i got the ticket. i was in newark a few weeks ago and they had road block set up i guess they were checkin for seat belts or somethin but i saw they had 4 cars pulled over(all who had dark tints) so i turned off right before i got to them..maybe theyre tryin to crack down on it now

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
thats weird..Iam from newark and i NEVER got pulled over in newark for my tints or my hid lights..I let my gf use my car one day (she live in the burbs somewhere) and she got 2 tickets..the tints and the hid's...I had tints on all my cars (like 9) at one point and never got a ticket in newark for them..they too busy bussing real criminals..but i guess when they want to be assholes they'll f*ck with you...

·
Registered
619 Posts
2.5% :headscrat that's obsurd. i had 15% and it took my eyes about a month to fully adjust to driving at night. can you even see out of the windows at night?... i guess there really isn't much to hit in South Dakota though. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i just took my tints off..i have to get useto my car's look now with no tints...reason..Iam planning on moving out of newark already and dont want to get a ticket everytime I go out..

·
Registered
41 Posts
agreed. I've always lived in the south dakota/iowa/nebraska tri-state area and they don't even bother with tint or HID.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Allow 10 to 14 days for a ticket to show online.
and B.S. on the tint. He pulled you over to check out the Legend!:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts