• $1,000+

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I take my car to the dealer

Votes: 1 3.8%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
yeah The only advantage of Craftsman tools is their lifetime warranty. Personally, I'd go with Snap On for durability.
:werd: I'm in for over a $1000 in tools, all Craftsman...but I'd give my left nut for a complete set of Snap-On's (drool)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Well invested in this department... my original double-stacker back in the day when I was fixing cars for a living. I've accumulated so much tools that this also was added on :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
i have around 15k invested in tools and i have a $6500 box. mostly snap-on and cornwell, and some mac. when you turn wrench's for a living you spend money on tools quickly! lol

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My pops has over 1000 invested in tools. He's definitely addicted to craftsman and just about anything from sears or harbor freight ( i know the stuff is crap, but its cheap)...He'll buy 5 of the same screwdriver he has at home because its cheap!

I went and returned a set of craftsman wrenches he bought for 50$ for a 30ish pc. set. I didnt have the reciept and returned them individually at sears; got over 200 bucks! haha. I need to go rummaging for some more brand new tools of his i can return ;)

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
All told I've probably got something less than 6 grand in tools.

220v Miller MIG
Self made machining 'center' Bench Grinder, Bench Sander, Bench Polisher, Drill Press
Two Craftsmen boxes and a Lista cabinet.
Air Compressor, all the goodies

Favorite tool?
14" Cut Off Saw

Wishlist:

Oxy/Fuel torchpack
TIG

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
I just have a 300 dollar snap-on kit.. Nothing by any means..

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
601 Posts
Good size $100 toolset, little $40 toolset, extra 3/8 socket wrench, metric socket set/extension, deep socket set, Craftsman aluminum floor jack, jackstands, 3/8 and 1/2" drive twist-type Craftsman torque wrenches, Crescent wrench, etc.. probably about $600 altogether

I go out and buy tools as I need them. I can't afford to just get a big ol' awesome toolset, not to mention I no longer have a garage to put it... :(

·
Banned
2,990 Posts
Hey guys, I found out you can actually go to sears and purchase this set, and they have it on special..:rofl:

Craftsman 1470pc. Professional Tool Set

I can't imagine spending more than a couple hundred bucks on tools, much less a couple thousand, I mean, that's worth more than the damn car!!
I'm goin to SEARS!

AARRGGHH AARRGGHH AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.