Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home today and pulled next to a moded GTP. From what I saw it had aftermarket exhaust and dropped. Light turned green we both rolled until 15MPH and he stepped on it, so did I. By the time I got to 80 he had atleast 2-3 car lengths on me. He just walked past me and cut in front of me. I was like damn, I never knew a GTP was so quick. I felt stupid, I guess I had too much confidence in my coupe. What do you'll think, I know you could get alot out of a GTP, but that much????

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Yeah they have 260 hp stock and alot of torque down low. Easy to get the hp up by pulley ,intake and exhaust. I heard there is no top end on those suckers though. Try a rolling start against 1 next time

G

·
I want a supercharger for our cars and some headers and like a Stage 3 or 4 chip. (what exactly would be the right stage) Our cars are capable of so much hp.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
They are supercharged V6s with 240hp and 280tq. With just a pulley, exhuast, intake, and chip they can be well over 300hp. It is no shame to lose to one, they are fast cars. Are you rolling on the chrome 19s? Those are probably going to affect your acceleration anyways. ;)

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Just to even things out. Only race one with as many miles as your car and make the race 500 miles. Bet the Legend wins. GM crap don't hold up in the long run.:p

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I had a race off the line with one of those about a year ago. He got the jump on me and nosed ahead bairly, his front bumper was maybe 3ft infront of my front bumper then I just walked away from him and never looked back... :)

That was before a lot of my mods, I had intake, exaust, port and polish and stiffened suspension at the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts