Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whatsup yall. wonderin if anyone has a sedan with a Greddy, Apex'i exhaust, or any other nice exhaust that has a single 4' inch tip.. wanted to know if it was costly to install since you probably have to add piping. i always wanted a remus, but lately ive really wanted my 91 sedan to look a little different. im thinking a Greddy with that 4 inch tube would look different, and pretty hot on my sedan. what do you think?? also wonderin if the Greddy is really loud or ricey sounding compared to a remus... thanks:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
silko82ny said:
whatsup yall. wonderin if anyone has a sedan with a Greddy, Apex'i exhaust, or any other nice exhaust that has a single 4' inch tip.. wanted to know if it was costly to install since you probably have to add piping. i always wanted a remus, but lately ive really wanted my 91 sedan to look a little different. im thinking a Greddy with that 4 inch tube would look different, and pretty hot on my sedan. what do you think?? also wonderin if the Greddy is really loud or ricey sounding compared to a remus... thanks:)
I haven't got an exhaust yet, but I have been taking notes. Almost all the single large pipe exhausts are going to give it that 4 cylinder sound :) . The BEST one I have heard so far has been the remus. As a matter of fact as soon as I get the money together I AM going to get a REMUS. The tone is so perfect. I just got a chance to hear walstrums remus about two weeks ago, and I'll tell you, you can be proud of that tone. It's a very DEEP and COOL tone that you even hear a little when you start the car from the outside, but it nowhere near overbearing. I know you wanted to research others, but you get what you pay for in a remus. :cool: Holla!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Get the Greddy. Trust me. The high end gain is amazing. Take it to midas. They did mine and the extension and install only cost $40. They did a great job. The exhaust is actaully so much quiter than I thought. I almost wish it was louder. But at idle or a low RPM, like when cuising, it is almost stock quite. My intake is louder at WOT than the exhaust. A very good investment. Worth every penny. Still shiny and no rust. Amazing quality. If I had a long extension, I would record the sound for you on my computer.

Oh yeah, it looks friggin awesome too. I was afraid of the size at first, but I wouldnt want anything else. I didnt want to buy a $500 muffler. Like the remus. I wanted a larger cat-back.
Go Greddy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got any pics of the "cantalope shooter" on a sedan? I just think that it wouldnt look right. I have seen them on a few coupes- and they look great... but on a sedan? For my money its gonna be remus.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Uhm Okay. No need to be a jackass. I was simply saying that I feel you get more money from the Greddy.
As soon as it is nice I will post a picture. I gotta show you guys my Greddy, New paint, And wheels.

Later

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
henyaman: NICE! you have a sedan or coupe?? i really think im gonna go with the GReddy, regardless. im really feelin the fat can look on the sedan, only cuz its different than the remus, and the pwr gains are nice too. i was just waiting for someone with it to tell me that its not as loud and ricey sounding as everyone makes it out to be. thanks for the input..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah, anyone know where i could get a greddy for less than $500??? im lookin hard, cheapest i found so far is $510. Holla back

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah, Watch groupbuycenter.com for a buy. I got mine for $460 shipped. It was for all greddy product -20%

Good luck!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah, Ill tell ya what also. If I get time, I will try to record a 44khz recording of the exhaust with the intake. I have a 25ft cable laying around. It may just reach out my window enough :)

·
Registered
799 Posts

Greddy on a sedan...this will be replaced soon with a JDM catback Trust application that will be here in June

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whoa! I changed my mind on this application. Dosen't look bad at all- looks like its tucked nicely under the bumper and the outlet does not look as big as i thought it would. I guess i am just used to seeing those accords with the HUGE tips that stick out 5 inches beyond the bumper. I guess its pretty hard to screw up the appearance of the legend.....

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
AP91LS said:
Whoa! I changed my mind on this application. Dosen't look bad at all- looks like its tucked nicely under the bumper and the outlet does not look as big as i thought it would. I guess i am just used to seeing those accords with the HUGE tips that stick out 5 inches beyond the bumper. I guess its pretty hard to screw up the appearance of the legend.....
Well, the tip is still the same 130mm diameter size found on the other cars, just that it matches the larger body of the Legend much better than those smaller cars. Seing a large tip on a big car makes you think of power. Seeing a large tip on a small car makes you think of something else I guess :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dv8 said:
Christian... some of us are born to race (Dv8) :) , and some of us are born to profile (pYmpadaddi) :cool: . The first clip on the road was from the inside and was not loud at all, but, the true sound ont the outside is pretty loud. Not, that I EVER expect to go 103 in 13.9, but I'll leave the speed up to you. The Remus low tone is for pYmpin ONLY not so much for power gain. Let's see if we can get someone with a Remus on a sedan to show at the raceway and we can do a sde by side sound comparison to broadcast. Holla!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whoa, thanks fellas. didnt even think of looking in the for sale section! pretty good price.
BTW- Legendary, whats the major difference between your GR and the Trust imported exhaust?? just wonderin?

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:

Christian... some of us are born to race (Dv8) :) , and some of us are born to profile (pYmpadaddi) :cool: . The first clip on the road was from the inside and was not loud at all, but, the true sound ont the outside is pretty loud. Not, that I EVER expect to go 103 in 13.9, but I'll leave the speed up to you. The Remus low tone is for pYmpin ONLY not so much for power gain. Let's see if we can get someone with a Remus on a sedan to show at the raceway and we can do a sde by side sound comparison to broadcast. Holla!!!
You got to be at the track on wed. and hear for yourself. i was shooting NOS and that makes it louder. Still i dont think its loud at all.

·
Registered
799 Posts
silko82ny said:
whoa, thanks fellas. didnt even think of looking in the for sale section! pretty good price.
BTW- Legendary, whats the major difference between your GR and the Trust imported exhaust?? just wonderin?
same exhaust the Tust is a SEDAN application full catback

1 - 18 of 18 Posts