Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had any close-ups of the exhaust and exactly how it looked on the legend. i have a sedan and was thinking about getting it. i'm just curious as to how much work needs to be done to put it on. is it hard to get that 4" of piping that's missing? also... should i get the GREDDY or the REMUS? i have read that the GREDDY is louder but performance wise is better. and the look of the GREDDY.... it's a BIIIIIIG hole. does it look good on the legends. any input would be appreciated
thanx a lot

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Try going to the Legend Temple's Website.
http://www.inexpro.com/legend_temple/

As for the Greddy exhaust being louder-Not. The sound is not all that loud, it's a deep soothing/throathy sound-IMO.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i have the sp on my coupe. don't know if it's hard to put the extra pipe cause it fits directly on coupes. the size IMO is perfect for the legend. it's a big car to begin with so it looks pretty good.
don't have any pics but if you search around the forums, you find pics from tri-state meets. my car is in those pics as well as others with greddy exhausts.
-j

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the SP coupe Greddy on my 93 sedan.. it's really not 4" of pipe you have to add, it's more like 3" or so.. I cut the B-pipe and added the extra piping there, welded it, and perfect fit.. you CAN just try to fit it without modding, but the hangers will come up short on the final end piece. The sound is only heard when you are just doing low-rpm cruising, it's really quiet when you drive on the highway. It's louder inside of the car than it is outside. The work isnt hard to install. Just have to cut the b-pipe, flare one end out, and funnel the other end, something like stacking foam cups together, where the bottom of the cup is smaller in diameter than the top of the cup where you drink from. Just have to make a flared edge on two parts, and just butt them up together, weld it, and just hang up the exhuast system at the factory locations. I had to get help from a shop since I dont have a welding machine. I got the Installation done for $60 which seems fair to me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
sLiKk iCk said:
i was wondering if anyone had any close-ups of the exhaust and exactly how it looked on the legend. i have a sedan and was thinking about getting it. i'm just curious as to how much work needs to be done to put it on. is it hard to get that 4" of piping that's missing? also... should i get the GREDDY or the REMUS? i have read that the GREDDY is louder but performance wise is better. and the look of the GREDDY.... it's a BIIIIIIG hole. does it look good on the legends. any input would be appreciated
thanx a lot
My buddy is in Japan and will be bringing back six Trust/Greddy SEDAN exhausts. to my knowledge these will be the only ones that are full catback for the sedans that will be available in the states. price will be between 600-700 i believe

email me if you're interested

here's what it looks like on a sedan, my exhaust has the pipe extension but soon...full catback

·
Registered
802 Posts
sLiKk iCk said:
thanx a lot
My buddy is in Japan and will be bringing back six Trust/Greddy SEDAN exhausts. to my knowledge these will be the only ones that are full catback for the sedans that will be available in the states. price will be between 600-700 i believe

email me if you're interested

here's what it looks like on a sedan, my exhaust has the pipe extension but soon...full catback

G

·
It just kinda scares me when I think about it getting loud, because I have a friend who has an exhaust on his Maxima and the thing is so ****ing loud. If I had to drive around with that every day it would kill me.

What kinda price should I expect to pay for it for my coupe? I'll install it myself so I don't need to worry about that. Also, where should I get it from? Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought my exhuast for $488 and installation of $80...
I bought mine from Greddy Distributor Tuning shop in MD here... I got lucky with that price cuz I saved the guy shipping charges on his large order of greddy parts. I had to do an installation of $80 cuz I had to extend the pipe for my sedan

·
Registered
917 Posts
Best price I've seen for the Greddy SP Exhaust is $520 + shipping from Options Auto Salon, Nopi has the same exhaust for $585 + shipping. Just ordered me one:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the greddy sp on my sedan and welding the small piece of pipe was a snap to get in place........ I have a small welder and i installed it myself for free.. nice tone deep and throaty definately not annoying...

Vito

1 - 12 of 12 Posts