Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings.... Please help with replacing Front speakers on an '89 Legend Coupe

Hi all,

New to the forum, just recently bought a burgandy 89 coupe.

I was hoping for someone to help me out with instructions on how to remove the housing around the front speakers in the doors.

The plastic is brittle from age and i'm wary about doing it trial and error and seeing some of the housing crumble.

Any FAQs or just some simple advice on which screws to pull and what needs to come of would be great.

Cheers

X Dot

· Registered
1,723 Posts
Is your coupe an "LS", "L" or base model? On my "L" model, I believe that there was a screw in the bottom corner with the head actually facing toward the front tire, not in the same plane as the door panel like you'd expect. I'll check tomorrow...
By the way, WELCOME ABOARD!!!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that.

Not sure which model it is, it's a Honda release if that makes a difference, not an acura. I'd like to know. I can post up pics or if there is something i can check out lemme know.

I'll check for a DIY somewhere. Cheers.

X

· Registered
234 Posts
X Dot IFA its very easy to do. just take off the screws from the bottom of the door tirm. if u cant take of the screw on the handel dont worry you can just put your hand underneath and remove the screws holding the speaker housing onto the door, very easy i have dont this about a year ago.

btw where abouts in Australia are you? We have JDM legends with auto trannys on them in America they Have USDM. They get Manual and we dont :mad: But im sure we have more HP top make up :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.