Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not sure but arent the type I grilles interchangeable with the typeII? i like the look of those grilles....

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Are you talking about hood grill, or the bumper grill? The hood grill are all the same.

The bumper grill is actually part of the entire bumper cover, so you would need to change the whole bumper cover. Yes, they are interchangable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was lookin around legendtuner and looked at the mesh grill section and saw a difference in the hood grills

if you look at the very first picture and then the very last one you can see a difference

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
The style of the grille changed in '94 (I'm not certain if this change affected the coupes) to where the mounting surface for the Acura emblem sat flush with the rest of the grille (vs. the earlier grilles that have a raised surface for the emblem).

They are, however, interchangeable. The '94 and '95 GS retained the grille from the earlier years, but had the color matched grille trim.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LegendGS said:
The style of the grille changed in '94 (I'm not certain if this change affected the coupes) to where the mounting surface for the Acura emblem sat flush with the rest of the grille (vs. the earlier grilles that have a raised surface for the emblem).

They are, however, interchangeable. The '94 and '95 GS retained the grille from the earlier years, but had the color matched grille trim.
Must be a Sedan thing. The grills on my 91, 93 and 95 Coupes all looked the same :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.