Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on lowering my car here in a couple weeks, i wanted to go with intrax but they only give you a 1.75 inch drop, with my 17's that still leaves too much gap. I was thinking about getting some GC's and i was wondering if they have good reviews for legends and how well they perform over time. thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
GROUND CONTROL COIL OVERS!!!!!!!

You will be making a wise choice. Money well spent and the looks and handling they are going to give your car will keep you smiling for a long time. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just on Nopi.com and i was looking at the GC's, it says that they are only adjustable up to 2'' i thought you could adjust them up to 4???? whats going on here? HELP

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
88' legend coupe said:
I was just on Nopi.com and i was looking at the GC's, it says that they are only adjustable up to 2'' i thought you could adjust them up to 4???? whats going on here? HELP
Ahhh, another New Mexico brother. My guess would be adding the Koni's would give you that extra 2 inches. I may be purchasing some Koni/GC's in the near future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont think the koni's give you that much. i thought they only lowered it .75 inches when you have it on the lowest perch? does anybody else know anything about this? if so please help, muchas thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
LOWERING THAT COUPE!!!!!!!!

88' legend coupe said:
i dont think the koni's give you that much. i thought they only lowered it .75 inches when you have it on the lowest perch? does anybody else know anything about this? if so please help, muchas thanks
As far as trying to go lower than 2 inches in a street application, its gonna be hard. I think a 4 inch drop would be suitable for race applications. A 2 inch drop on a G1 coupe already looks TIGHT you really don't need to go any lower than that. If you try to do so you risk the chance of tearing up the front underbody of your car. Like ripping off the oil pan and the transmission. Now ask yourself. Is 4 inches really worth all that trouble. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
yea they should still have the koni's...it was the tokico's that were discontinued for our cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
KOni's

I kno they have th ekoni's available for the front of a sedan but i dont think they have them available for the rear as those are wat i needed!!! for coupes they have both the fronts and the rears... wat is the difference between the coupe shock and the sedan.. does it just adjust for the difference in weight???

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
No, the 86-88 sedans have a diffrent rear suspention setup. In these, it's what Honda called a "Low Friction Strut System." Basically it's a modified strut suspension w/ trailing links and sway bar. the 89-90 sedans rear suspension is the same as coupe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dropped suspension

:eek2: to close the gap on a 88 &
up to 92.is to install wheel wel
molding fro JC whitney,cheap.the
problem with the early legends is
the size of the wheel opening.
putting 17s or 18s aint going to close the gap.the rubber becomes proportionatly smaller in height
as the rim becomes bigger.u can go
to a size bigger in profile,but
chck clearance first.your speedo
might suffer too,and give u a false
reading on the mphs.but way worry
when was the last time u truthfully
answered the cop when he asked u
how fast u were going anyway! my
recomendation for springs are eibach
they are beefier than g.c,s and
better quality too.for shocks go
with bilsteins,they can revalve them too.stiffer ride but who cares.want
a soft ride?buy a caddy!.remember
people the legend has a preety heavy
chassis,so going too low is not good
+legends that are too low look stupid.and dont help the car corner
any better anyhow,the cars a sweet handler stock!. need the real
skinny on how to get your legend to
handle email me.at [email protected]

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have GC's and I'm pretty sure you can get the car down at least 3in. but with legends you run into camber problems after 2in. so it doesnt really matter. BTW, I love my GC's! Good Buy! I called directly to ground control to order them, good costumer service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts