Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got the chance to install my ground control coilovers and koni shocks today. I just want to thank Alexander and his brother for helping me out. They pretty much did the whole install and I pretty much did what I could to help since I have never attempted this before. It was a great learning experience and they really did a great job.

We left the konis at stock setting on both the front and the rear as far as stiffness is concerned. The front shocks we left on the upper perch and the rear shocks on the lower perch. The gap is gone between the fender and the tire which creates that "slammed" look. In my opinion, as far as the feel of the ride, it feels just like it did when it was stock.

Pics coming soon...

·
Registered
282 Posts
After I put my ground controls and Konis on (full soft), I couldn't believe how close to stock it felt. I don't understand why people say the ride is so harsh, it feels like stock to me! Enjoy the new ride Sammy!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas! I was also surprised when I felt how close to stock the ride actually was. I kept hearing bad things about coilovers but still when ahead and bought them. The truth is your getting a stock feeling ride with the ability to adjust the height all in one. Hopefully I'll get some pics up by tommorow.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just like Darren said, it's significant. I can take turns at faster speeds with a lot less body roll.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm tryin' to get rid of that gap look too. How much did this setup cost you aside from the installation?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The koni's were $470 shipped through LegendMS from the forums, and the Ground Controls were $405 shipped after I had called Shox.com and told them to price match nopionline.com's price of $381.40 + shipping. Why didn't I just buy the ground controls from Nopi you ask? Because they were out of stock and I knew Shox.com had them in stock and I also knew that they honor price matching. So all together it cost me $875. Hope that helps.

G

·
What about camber sammy?

On a side note, it seems like tons of people are dropping their legends right now getting ready for the summer :cool:!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I used the Ingalls camber kit up front, and then added the washers myself on the rear, instead of paying something like $80 for their own washers and bolt.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
sorry but i kinda new in this topic what is gap look ?

thanX

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
SammyD or AcuraLegend.com

SammyD said:
Finally got the chance to install my ground control coilovers and koni shocks today. I just want to thank Alexander and his brother for helping me out. They pretty much did the whole install and I pretty much did what I could to help since I have never attempted this before. It was a great learning experience and they really did a great job.

We left the konis at stock setting on both the front and the rear as far as stiffness is concerned. The front shocks we left on the upper perch and the rear shocks on the lower perch. The gap is gone between the fender and the tire which creates that "slammed" look. In my opinion, as far as the feel of the ride, it feels just like it did when it was stock.

Pics coming soon...
[/QUOTE

I almost have all the questions answered about these GC's, but I have 1 more.

Did either one of you (SammyD or AcuraLegend.com) purchase camber kits. Was it necessary? And, When you adjust your height from 2 inches to 4 inches, do you have to get it re-alligned every time. I understand the GC's will allow you to go from 1 inch to 4 inches. Main questions: Are camber kits a must with your setup?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To answer your question, no, a camber kit is not a must with our setup. Alexander and myself both don't have them and are running the same groundcontrol/koni setup. Don't get me wrong though, a camber kit is nice to have because they help save your tires in the long run, but it's definetly not something you need to get right away. I haven't even done my alignment yet and its been a little over a month :) . Eventually when I have time I'll do both :) .

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have a question for y'all, im in the pondering stage of lowering my car. i want to go with GC's but i wont have the money to get the coilovers and the koni's. i was on Nopi and was about to order the gc's but they said it was only adjustable up to 2''. i thought they were adjustable up to 4'' or is that only if you get koni's? please help and much thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts