Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ground Control offers 2 different sets of coilovers. One set for the stock shocks and one set for the koni shocks. It's always been recommended that you don't use stock shocks but I just got off the phone with ground control and they said that the stock shock set has different hardware, and different spring rates to work with the stock shocks. What do you Legenders think about this?

·
Registered
327 Posts
hey what's up, it's me "legendmap" remember the Weapon-R MESS with the coils. I got the GC's now and I would say that go with the koni's if you can afford them as the ride is MUCH Better.

When you order the koni set up from GC they just add a thin piece of metal around the inside of the sleeve about .3 inches thick and about 1/2 inch high. You can remove them with a rubber hammer or something if you choose too.

Check the GB center "www.groupbuycenter.com", I got mine for $390 with the koni adapter's and shipping to CANADA (that was like $50.00 in itself).

Good Luck

·
Registered
851 Posts
Eye Candy said:
hey what's up, it's me "legendmap" remember the Weapon-R MESS with the coils. I got the GC's now and I would say that go with the koni's if you can afford them as the ride is MUCH Better.

When you order the koni set up from GC they just add a thin piece of metal around the inside of the sleeve about .3 inches thick and about 1/2 inch high. You can remove them with a rubber hammer or something if you choose too.

Check the GB center "www.groupbuycenter.com", I got mine for $390 with the koni adapter's and shipping to CANADA (that was like $50.00 in itself).

Good Luck
Hahhaha!!!!!!!!!!, finally Ground Control found the problem of their kit, because the sleeve is slightly too big for Konis, and did they change anything to their top hat design?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EyeCandy, I remember very well. Feels like yesterday that we went through that whole mess with Weapon-R to finally get the right set of coilovers, haha. And when I finally received the right set I decided I didn't even want to lower my Legend anymore so I sold them.

Alex, you know me, I like to ask tons of questions before I commit to buying anything, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts