Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I could go to their web site to find out but I'd rather ask you all this because you guys are more informative than any product web site will ever be. I've read a whole lot in this forum about suspension etc. now because I'm not too familiar with GC (I've always went with eibach on all my cars) because I never paid attention to GC's can someone tell me exactly what they are as to function, let me be more specific because I'm not totally ignorant of their purpose I know that, but here's what I don't know, do they replace both strut and spring? are they an all in one product? or do you still need to buy springs, ya get what I'm saying or asking excuse me.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
They are sleeved coil overs. Basically they are adjustabe springs and that is all. You can use them in conjunction with your stock struts or you can use them with konis.

So basically, they replace your spring and allow you to adjust the height of your ride.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
They can be ordered with just the basic perch, the spring and perch combo, or the full coilover suspension (that's what I have on my Starion.. they don't make that for the Legend though unless its custom)... I would strongly recommend replacing your stock shocks with Konis... mine have been through hell and back, and they're still alive and kicking (the Koni's)... I wouldn't roll around on stock shocks for more than a month (I blew both of my fronts by doing that, and replaced it all with Konis)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See what I mean, thats why I love this forum, thanx my fellow Legend bro's that answered my question. So it sounds like the Ideal combo would be GC's and Koni's and I would have a sweet drop. one more question fellas, whats the recommended setting that would put me the closest to OEM ride quality using that comb? so that when my wife drive it she wont fuss and tell me how I jacked up her car.....

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
RenoG said:
See what I mean, thats why I love this forum, thanx my fellow Legend bro's that answered my question. So it sounds like the Ideal combo would be GC's and Koni's and I would have a sweet drop. one more question fellas, whats the recommended setting that would put me the closest to OEM ride quality using that comb? so that when my wife drive it she wont fuss and tell me how I jacked up her car.....
probably with a 1.5 drop, Koni's on a setting of 4-5

This may be trial and error...but the ride shouldnt be too bad....I prefer the feel of my coupe...feels like its on rails! (sedan on stock suspension)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts