Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 Acura Legend with new Koni shocks on them now I want to lower it. What spring kit has a stock like riding quality, Ground Cotrol or Eibach Lowering Kit. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Well, All depends on you. If you want a LO LO or the conservative look. Eibach would be more conservative.

This is a quote from Thai.95

I would say if you want a:
mild drop Ebiachs (1 inch)
or a serious drop HR's (1.5 inch)
Or a redicilous drop Ground Controls (1-5 inchs)

They also go that way in price:
Ebiach $215
HR $ 218-260
Ground Controls-$399

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have Koni's/Ground Controls and I think the ride is great, almost like stock. I have the shocks set on FULL soft, and I have no problems with the ride.

The great thing about GC's is that you can control how high you want the car and make it look exactly how you like it. With the other two brands (HR / Eibach) you get whatever drop it is, and you're stuck. Plus I've heard that sometimes the car isn't exactly level after you put a set of those springs on. GC's - you have the option to make it whatever you like!

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I have the eibachs on my g1 and the rears sit lower then the fronts- From what I have read this is normal w/ the eibachs.
If I were u I would save a little more and get the GC

Good Luck
Esti

·
Registered
575 Posts
I also have the ground control/koni setup and I would definetly recommend you go with this setup also. The ride is like stock, and you have the ability to adjust the height to your liking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
dmenn said:
I have Koni's/Ground Controls and I think the ride is great, almost like stock. I have the shocks set on FULL soft, and I have no problems with the ride.

If I choose the GC setup, do I have a choice of coil manufacturers or is Eibach the only one available. BTW, what spring rates front & back are those coilovers that you're using?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Nathan_Rd said:

If I choose the GC setup, do I have a choice of coil manufacturers or is Eibach the only one available. BTW, what spring rates front & back are those coilovers that you're using?
GC uses Eibach springs, however, you ca nspecify spring rates before you order them

·
Registered
376 Posts
without a doubt , ground controls/koni's. i love my ride and it handles better than most of my other friend's hondas and sports cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts