Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let those, who feel that ground controls + konis are a bit too stiff for their taste, know that they can soften up the ride by changing springs. Ground control had refused to offer an alternative to the spring rate of 450lb fronts and ~275(?) lb rears. So a spring tech calculated a different rate for me (275 fronts and 175 rears) using eibach race springs (ERS). I am now riding on 19" and must say that it is now a lot more comfortable when I had my 18" w/ the gc spring rates. Hope this help others.

BTW if no one heard, there is a new KONI 1130 SPORT KIT for the legend. It has 30 mm of adjustability. The part number is 1130-1001. It'll include the koni red struts and a matching spring together for around $600. Since they were engineered together, I think ride comfort improved too. http://www.koni-na.com/konisport/

Kev

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
KTD said:
BTW if no one heard, there is a new KONI 1130 SPORT KIT for the legend. It has 30 mm of adjustability. The part number is 1130-1001. It'll include the koni red struts and a matching spring together for around $600. Since they were engineered together, I think ride comfort improved too. http://www.koni-na.com/konisport/

Kev
:eek2:

is it internally adjustable or externally?

$600 isn't bad considering most red koni goes for that much alone.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Blue_Raspberry said:
Since I already have koni reds, all I need to do is buy the new set of springs with the custom rates, right? Or will I have to buy another set of reds? :confused:
I haven't looked at the kit, but usually, the shock body is threaded for the adjustable spring perch, so you would need a new one.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Blue_Raspberry said:
Thanks for the info man. I'll look into that down the road. Do you know excatly what our stock spring rates are? This is too cool :D
They are progressive, so it varies, but the info I got is about 200 front, 150 rear.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
KTD said:
So a spring tech calculated a different rate for me (275 fronts and 175 rears) using eibach race springs (ERS).

Kev
Now that I think about it, aren't those ratings the regular spring rates for eibachs? I think there's another thread discussing spring rates and that rate was mentioned. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blue_Raspberry said:
Since I already have koni reds, all I need to do is buy the new set of springs with the custom rates, right? Or will I have to buy another set of reds? :confused:
Are you currently using the stock springs w/ your koni reds? If so, I believe you can buy the new matching springs if they are sold separately. I believe the new package by koni uses the same koni reds.

kev

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
KTD said:
Are you currently using the stock springs w/ your koni reds? If so, I believe you can buy the new matching springs if they are sold separately. I believe the new package by koni uses the same koni reds.

kev
Yes, I am running stock springs with the reds. I'll check with koni and see what's up :2cool:

Also, how low are you dropped? What perches are you on and do you have them adjusted so the car sits even? Or is it even all around without any adjustments to the perches?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I now am dropped about 1.5" all around w/ gc + koni + new ers springs. In your case, i believe the most you can drop is 30 mm ~ 1.5" if you were to go with the new koni springs.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am using my GC+Koni with Eibach Race springs. These are the same type of springs that came w/ the GC, however calculated for those who are riding on 18"/19" who wanted a more comfortable ride. Since they are longer springs w/ a lower spring rate, they'll allow the car to have "preload" in them. According to an engineering tech at eibach, this would allow for the suspension to plant whenever it comes across a pothole, resulting in a more comfortable ride. I'm no expert, but now I'm riding on 19" w/ 35 series tires and it even more comfortable than my original GC springs on 18" w/ 45 series tires.

kev

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
KTD said:
I am using my GC+Koni with Eibach Race springs. These are the same type of springs that came w/ the GC, however calculated for those who are riding on 18"/19" who wanted a more comfortable ride. Since they are longer springs w/ a lower spring rate, they'll allow the car to have "preload" in them. According to an engineering tech at eibach, this would allow for the suspension to plant whenever it comes across a pothole, resulting in a more comfortable ride. I'm no expert, but now I'm riding on 19" w/ 35 series tires and it even more comfortable than my original GC springs on 18" w/ 45 series tires.

kev
really i think im just gonna get some eibachs i had 18s on with this setup and i recently just switches to my stock GS rims and honestly the ride is hardly any better i was really suprised. How much did the new springs cost you anyways??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.