Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can some one give me some advice about shocks ?
with one are good

i'm about to by new shocks and put them with factory springs for right now later i gonna change my whole suspicion

so what u guys thing about thouse shocks ?

ThanX
any one have soem pic with them on it ?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how about koni's ? u replace the standart shock and put koni's or u puting koni's next to the s. shock ? that what u mean ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Koni's are stocks (or struts, same difference) and they REPLACE your old struts. You will even have to use some of your old parts from your old struts to mount the koni's up properly. They have perches that lets you adjust where you want to put the "spring or coil sleve, if you have coil overs" and they are also adjustable with ride comfort, meaning you can adjust how soft or hard you want them to be.

Here is a picture,

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ground-Control (GC) are "coil-overs" in the sence that you can adjust the spring height for your car meaning that you can control the height in which your car is sitting. A GC coil over will adjust your car up 1'inch or down 3'inches and if you use the koni struts to complement them they will even go more lower.

Below is a picture

So now when you put the koni's through the middle of the ground control coil set up you will have the suspension set up for your car. (I hope I did not confuse you)
Anyways, these are sold separately and the koni's will run you about $500.00 and the Ground Control will run you about $440.00 with the koni adaptors as they are smaller than our factory struts.

GOOD LUCK

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanX a lot i thought that GC are shocks
ok mow everythign make more sance for me

thanx a lot oneceagain

·
Registered
327 Posts
azteklegend said:
Struts not shocks, ok got it.

So GC's and the Koni's are the best combo or would the stock struts work just as well.
I would have to say yes it would work it factory shocks, but you will not enjoy the ride and your struts will blow out very fast if you are looking for more than a 1.1inch drop.
Your factory struts were not made to handle a 1-2inch drop and basically the rod of the strut just sits inside the strut and is shorten by the drop resulting in your factory struts blowing within weeks. I know this for a FACT because I did it with Weapon-r coils and my factory struts.
Drop about 2.2 inches with factory, lasted about 2 days before I orded new koni's and H&R springs as my struts were leaking the oil and the car just kept buttoming out even with NO BUMPSTOPS

If you need more help just e-mail me as I have had EIBACHS, H&R's Weapon-R coils - Ground Controls konis, on my car as I want the 3 inch drop and the factory ride so I played until I got it right.

Good Luck

·
Registered
449 Posts
before anyone can recommend springs to you, we gotta know what kind of ride are you looking for. Extreme low rider then you should get GC but you'll have a stiffer ride but won't be that bad if you use with koni's and set correct. If you're looking for maybe 1-2 inch gap then go with Eibach which will give you almost stock height and almost stock ride but increase the performance. Or you can go with H&R if you want 1.75-2.75 or so no many complain about this setup either. The height I gave you is added about an inch extra to what the actually springs can lower your car by because if used with Koni you can actually set the perch at different height, thus giving you an extra inch lower than if used with stock or other struts.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want to have like 1 -1.5 drop
and i decide to buy koni's so with best spring's go with koni's is there anthing alse to replace to have nice ride ? i ahve 91 sedan and my suspition is kinda old and i can feel diffirend when i ride my friend 94 LS sedan i feel like i flying so i want to get kinda nice soft ride with like 1-1.5 max drop
so can u tell me with exacly set will be the best for that ...

ThanX

·
Registered
160 Posts
OhMyGodItsDanny said:
If you're looking for maybe 1-2 inch gap then go with Eibach which will give you almost stock height and almost stock ride but increase the performance.
Now were you talking 1-2 in gap as in between the tires and the fenders, or it's a 1-2 inch gap removal or drop?

I'm looking into the same stuff right now, and looking for a bit more knowlegde before I go for it
Thanx,
SID

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
azteklegend said:
Struts not shocks, ok got it.

So GC's and the Koni's are the best combo or would the stock struts work just as well.
Ground Control makes different kits. One for use with stock shocs and one they use Koni/GC package. The springs rates are different, so you can use them with stock shocks of you get the kit for the stock shocks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.