Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a shot of my rear GC's w/ my Koni's
I ended up doing the install myself and have only gotten around to doing th rear...in which only took me 15minutes per side because I ddin't need a spring compressor 'cause my Susp. Teck springs were cut. Very easy :)

The ride is very nice...I plan to do the fronts this Sunday

I put my stocks on so I can go a week or so until I finish the front w/ out an alignment...

The Koni's are NOT orage, actually RED...the flash just made them appear this way :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had my coupe like that for 2 days when I first installed my GC's and Koni's. However, after the second day I almost ripped off my front bumper over a bump I decided to raise it back up. My 18's have a bad offset so I can't do it with them. hope you can.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA...I don't plan to keep it that low :)
I'm actually planning to raise it up alittle more than it was before w/ my Susp. Tech springs & 18's so that I will not wear my tires out as quick as I had been...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Yeah i've been meaning to ask how come u didn't do the door handles?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't do the handles because it ended up seeming to unpractical to me in the long run-- I just ended up shaviong off the ugly locks on both doors.
I'm still deciding on my final paint, but it will be a dark blue for sure. It is getting painted on early April

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All done!

I finished the fronts up today with the help of Cody(thank you so much!!!) and my friend Wendall...it took about 1.5 hours to finish up the front. The handling is great-- and I still have my stocks on. I actually have the car riding higher than it was previously...but it still looks clean and my chamber isn't too bad. I'm going to put my 18's on tomorrow...do a few more minor adjustments and then get it aligned.
I highly recoemmend the GC/Koni set-up...it rides really, really, really great!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure man-- ask Cody too he got skills :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looking good Doug, can't wait to see it when your all done...Another thing I ran into this guy who was driving a G1 legend but he said he had a white G2 coup with the top cut off and he said some guy in Decatur did the job but couldn't remember the shop..Did Cliff ever mention doing another convertible coup?

G

·
Hey cody give me a list of tools needed and I'll provide the konis, h&r's, rims, tires, grub, and beer if wanted... he he..:D

·
Registered
456 Posts
mann, Please help me!!!!! I have the ground control w/ the stock shocks, and it keeps making a lot of noise like someones trying to get out the trunk or somthing...took it to madsavi motorsports and they said change the shocks !!!!So i went and bought new shocks and installed the set...Guess what !!! same damn noise...What do i ned to do to get this right????Do i just need to get the koni ????that means i have to buy the ground control again...Is someone knows how to make this noise stop I will be so happy...Help me pleeeaseeeee

G

·
So when you went an brought new shocks you brought OEM ones? Also why wont the Koni's fit w/ the GC's?? Do they come as a package w/ and w/o? Also can't you just get the GC and that connection that fits the Koni's to the GC?

Damn I wish I could help more.. I know how annoying a problem is when you dont know where the hell it's comming from.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts