Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone done this yet to a RL!?? I plan to do this on the weekend. I have heard they add around 5-10hps lol I think it would be great since the RL is hard to find any performance mod, so try to squeeze out any avalible hp:woot:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol wow 32 views and no reply thx guys

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
You're welcome.

Ground kits dont add 5-10hp. It adds maybe 1. It just reduces static power by properly grounding your components and smooths out the stray power.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol at least you replied thx....

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
Sigh, I'd hoped somebody would have answered this, so I skipped it. Sorry.

Those grounding kits really can add lots of power to cars with shitty grounds and/or dodgy electrics. I doubt you'll run into either of those issues on your car.

I cannot say how important a good ground is, so no matter what else I say, "hell yeah put it on."

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
I made my own ground kit for my Legend. Dressed up the motor kinda nice lol. I', using 2 gauge wires.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've got a grounding kit on both my Legend Coupe and my NSX. I really think the Coupe runs smoother...now that I've driven it a bit.

On the NSX, I added a kit because the technical guys at AEM said it would smooth out the readings I was getting with my serial gauge. They were right. My A/F readings used to jump all over the place...now the are much steadier.

Can you feel a difference in power? Maybe psychologically - that's about it. It certainly can't hurt anything, though.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice 2 gauge wire lol. I'm planning to use 8 gauge wire for my 96 RL, if i do everything right there won't be any sparks lol...BTW i'm getting 20mpg in my 96 RL with 145,999k miles on it!!! crazy huh.....

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
20mpg? have you replaced the fuel filter ever?

I just got a cheap ground wire kit off eBay and used legendtuner.org for reference on the grounding points. They also have those ones that bolt onto a hub that's usually placed near the battery. just dont spend too much on the whole setup - like others have said, it's mostly to dress the engine up. I noticed some improvement in a few categories, but nothing phenomenal.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't replace the fuel filter or anything at all lol just don't step hard on the gas pedal...BTW I notice that Legendtuner.org has only one ground wire connect to the battery negative terminal..from what I heard you should connect all the ground wires to the negative terminal. Is there any difference?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Draft a semi or a big bus. I got 26-27 mpg averaging 75mph doing that....probably not worth the stone chips in the hood however. :rolleyes:
dam wtf you get 26-27 mpg lol thats impossible. I thought this car rated at 18-22mpg. What are your mods, share the secret man....:p
I always step hard on the gas pedal maybe that is my problem......

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
I've gotten 24/25 mpg for as long as I can remember! but I'm 90% highway driving...gotta love 6th gear!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm pretty sure the original EPA Highway rating for the RL is 25mpg, which I'm sure almost nobody sees. My normal around-town mileage is 18-19 and 21-22 on the highway.

That day I had my ScanGauge hooked up and was on a 800+ mile trip with nothing better to do than to challenge myself to see what kind of mileage I could get. I could consistently get 25-26mpg averaging 65mph by speeding up slightly going down hills, and then slowing down going up...the idea being that you try to keep the gas pedal in pretty much the same place going down hill that you do going up. After doing that for a few hundred miles I decided to try and draft for the next tank...that worked great...in fact for 20 miles or so I could eak out almost 30mpg, but that was when I found a truck doing ~65 and really rode his ass. You gotta find a truck that does the slow-down, speed-up thing up and down the hills. Like I said I found the buses to be the best...they are lower to the ground so you can draft further back, plus their mud flaps are much better so they don't throw up as many stones.

Gassavers.org forum has dozens of ways to eak out better mileage. You gotta get over there just to see the crazy things they do, and also the crazy mileage some of them are getting.

Bottom-line, there's no way I could drive like that everyday...plus it's gotta be a sin not to get up near the redline at least once a day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thx for the link I'll checking over there soon. LoL yea I'll alway on the redline couldn't resist.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh how inconsiderate it is to ride the ass of such vehichles. Having to deal with it on a regular basis as someone in the truck anyways.
I agree. I did it only as an experiment, and hopefully didn't aggravate too many truckers in the process. Above and beyond people throwing cigarette butts out their windows, tailgating is my number one pet-peeve.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.