Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would installing a set of ground wires improve performance, or just smooth out how it runs?

I'll tell you, I messed around with that freaking battery tray for like two hours, never could get it out, so I wasn't able to check the ground that is on there right now - I read on this forum that it's a common problem for them to corrode at the age of our cars.

I'm thinking of just grabbing a cheap set like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Circ...ewItemQQcategoryZ33574QQitemZ8008405586QQrdZ1
And slapping it on there... What do you think?

· Registered
4,259 Posts
Hmmm... mine was the opposite, after cleaning the cable I had trouble reinstalling to the engine block, damn thing twist in the opposite direction... anyways, try removing the air box to gain more access... hope this helps :)

Oh yeah, grounding cable(s) from ebay looks like a cool set up, me likes it :D

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
Grounding wires are a great addition to any car. most of the benefits are not going to be performance related, although it is common for a car with a good grounding path to pick up about 1hp. Typical benefits include brighter lights, less feedback through your stereo, easier starts, and a more constant spark at higher RPM's, where spark tends to weaken. I think they are one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do (a homemade set will cost about $15-$20). Also, don't go overkill with the guage wire. The real benefits come not from the size of the cable, but the locations of the wires themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.