Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my GC's...can someone give me some tips on anything out of the ordinary that is needed to be done during installation. I remember reading that the bumpstops had to be cut? If so, how much? Why do they have to be cut? For better ride comfort should I have my Koni's on the stock height perch and then just adjust the coilovers to the right height, OR should I keep the Koni perches on the lowest perch and then also adjust the coilovers as neccessary? Thanks!

D

Also...what is the best way to let coilovers settle? I was thinking about putting my stock wheels on...dumping it as low as I can go...driving it like that for a week...then raising it back up some(because my legend is currently dropped around 3" and it is too low...I want to do like a 2" drop w/ the GC's), putting the 18's on, and getting it aligned. Any tips?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
cut the bumpstops in half.The shock is traveling less distanse ad if the bumpstp stays long it will bottom out lot or hit the bumpstops and won let the shock compress anymore.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes you should definately cut your bumpstops, or you will be hitting the stock bumpstops all the time. I cut mine 2 notches, as you will see when you pull them apart. I have my Koni's set on full soft and on the bottom notch I believe. Even though the directions that came with the Koni's and GC's were pretty bad, it wasn't too bad to get it all installed .. Let me know if you have any more questions ..

-Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks! Yea, I got my money back for the Dropzone's after hearing that the sleeves didn't fit properly on some of their products along with the fact that the Legend ones were on backorder. I ordered my GC's straight from GC-- $417 shipped. I woulda gone with the group buy, but after waiting so long for the Dropzone's I just wanted to get the product straight from the manufactuer this time :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts