Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Type I King
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would happen if i didnt one of the wires as mentioned on legend tuner. i dont want to ground to the valve cover bolt. is there another point where i can ground that same wire? thanks

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Zah, do you mean the Engine Ground Cable? That one on the right side what is connected to the chassis ?

Why do you ask that? Are you going to re-install a complete Ground Kit?
Many peoples do that just bc to get a constant ground. Reasons could be like to get improving overall performance of components. Because to elminate power loss, such as ignition (loss of sparks). You know that the ground wire provides the current with an alternative low-resistance return path to ground? If yes then I have some good pics and how to re-wire them. Lemme know. -Mike

hotstartup said:
is there another point where i can ground that same wire
Points are everywhere. Presupposed you get excellent contact ground.

hotstartup said:
what would happen if i didnt one of the wires as mentioned on legend tuner
What do you mean? Legend Tuner? Where? What? Dunno about what you're tlking from. -Mike

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
a website

It a website legendtuner . Pretty helpful in areas.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
oooohhh.

i think he meant if he didn't "install or hook up" the wires. "mentioned"-->written on the page in directions?? I haven't looked if they even have directions for that mod. otherwise---you got me???

·
Sales Guido
1,086 Posts
Why don't you want to ground to the Valve cover bolt? I noticed the most difference with my kit after grounding to the valve cover bolts on both sides. Are you going to do the fuel rail grounds, or are you going for a completely different setup?

·
Sales Guido
1,086 Posts
I've also heard from a few guys in my car club that it's important to get a good ground on your exhaust, but it's tough to do. Any thoughts on this?

·
Type I King
8,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one of my friends was doing the ground wire install and snaped the valve cover bolt. i hear its pretty fragile, i dont want it to be loose when i put it back, and i dont want to tq it too much either. so i was kinda scared about that.

BTW what gauge wire should i be useing, i read people were using audio wires???? wth

Mike i was talking about the DIY on legend tuner for the grounding kit :)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
haha, trust me it is not that fragile. It's just a regular bolt. He must have used WAY to much force.
Mine slipped out my fingers when I removed it :( Could not find the damn thing. I would ground that puppy. The valve cover on the passangers side is a b!tch to get to.

EDIT: as far as performance... she does start up faster.

·
Registered
164 Posts
hey

hey dont worry about breaking off the bolt! ive done mine and its solid, i didnt have any worries while tightin it down. if you that worried might i suggest a shot of LOCTITE to keep it stable. that way you dont have to screw it down lots. also i used audio cable, copper i beleave it conducts best. the reason for the audio cable is that its 99.9% o2 free. also go with the gold plated connectors, they conduct best. i used a four guage cable for mine, and it fits just fine. hope this helps

daniel

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
No prob, Zah. Here you go...

Attn! That's not my text (and not my English :D). I found it somewhere on the Honda club in the USA. And that's also no Legend. Here's the text I found...

Put this in appearance/cosmetic cuz the "performance aspect" of this "mod" is very small haha.
So I finally got around to making my ground wires. I modeled it after the Sun Auto Hyper Ground kit. I made the wires the same length out of 4awg stinger power cable. The only way to crimp the gold connectors is with a vice. I should have soldered it, but it was too tough. I tried heating it up with a blow torch, but even after 30 seconds it wasn't even hot enough to melt the solder. And the rubber insulation was starting to burn. So I just left it.

My connections are as follows.
1. shock tower to negative battery post
2. negative battery post to transmission
3. transmission to intake manifold
4. intake manifold to valve cover
5. valve cover to radiator support

Results? I haven't really driven it around yet. But I did start it up. It might have started up quicker, but it also could be all in my head. I'll see if it fixes my flickering headlight problem.

And here your pics I found...

Ground Wires 1 / Tower & Negative 2 / Tranny Points 3
Intake & Manifold 4 / Valve Cover & Rad 5

I hope you can use the info. -Mike

·
Banned
618 Posts
Where could i make a purchase a of the grounding kit?

I searched ebay. and i am not sure which one to buy. Im looking for a black cable wire.

Should the gauge size of the wire be 4 guage or a 1/0 guage?

I looked on legentuner.com and the site that they have posted there for sale is very price and out of my budget.

If you could give me a link or what type of wires to get and how many wires to get and wut else is needed. let me know I'm very interested! i'll be surfing ebay for a while until your REPLiez!! thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.