Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contacting the company Magic touch http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/ with setting up a group buy for G2, hopefully sedans and coupes they will come ready to bolt on, and painted to factory color, I contacted them about making a kit for our car and a group buy price I am waiting to here back from them, I would like to see if there is any interest in this if so please let me know. I am thinking the kits will be around 300-400 depending on how many buyers we get.

· Registered
279 Posts
That's pretty neat. I might be interested.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump'ing this

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to them last night,

"Facilitate a buy-in of 20 or more vehicles of a specific model and we
will move that model to the top of the development cycle and it will be
available within 30 to 60 days."

Plug in, bolt on, pre painted

Price is a little high, but 399 per handle but consider the cost of shaving handles, paint, etc..

Want to see how many ppl we have for interest

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea factory color code thats all, we need to get 20 orders I beleive 1 door is one order but they need to be same so 5 ppl for sedan and 10 for coupe

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FlipLegend said:
$400 a handle so thats $800 for coupes and $1600 for sedans?
I know it seems steap but think of the cost of shaving your handles, paint, labor, parts...

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Shaylord said:
I know it seems steap but think of the cost of shaving your handles, paint, labor, parts...
That's only for those without any autobody experience or hook ups. I'll have to pass on this one, for that price, I could get my Legend repainted with all dents/dings removed. Also, what about color matching? Most people here have at least 10 year old paint jobs.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It will only open if the door is unlocked I believe it comes with a remote to lock and unlock as well as our factory or any after market

· Registered
90 Posts
that thing looks awsome.. but around 400bucks for a handle seems pretty high..... i'll wait till these things go mainstream.. and plus what if i got a little cut on my finger .. would the door still open?? haha JK.. but thanks asking..

· Renaissance.
3,096 Posts
Shaylord said:
It will only open if the door is unlocked I believe it comes with a remote to lock and unlock as well as our factory or any after market
This type of misinformation is why people get pissed off when they receive one thing, thinking it was something else. Did anyone (including you) bother reading the FAQ from their website?

http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/faq.php
Q: Are the door handles always active or unlocked?

A: No. The handles work with the keyless entry system. When the car is unlocked the handles are active. When the car is locked the system is deactivated.
Meaning there is no separate remote for this system. When you unlock your car using your pre-installed keyless entry system's remote, the door handles become active.

You have good intentions w/trying to organize a group buy, and having done a couple on other boards, I know what a pain they can be. If you're the person organizing this, you need to know the ups/downs/ins/outs of the product you're trying to have everyone commit to. Otherwise, you're going to end up w/a bunch of people that will say that they didn't get what they expected. They will feel that you, as the organizer, are to blame.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.