Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Looks pretty clean from the picture. http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

$16+k seems a bit high though.

That's the way it usually goes. The moment you settle for something less than you're looking for, the thing you're looking for pops up out of no where. :D

BTW, are you sure your car is Canterberry Green Metallic (G-75M), and not Sherwood Green Pearl (G-78P)?

I don't think they made the GS in Canterberry Green.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I know. Maybe the 2004 TL replacement will be my new dream. Have to wait till next year to see!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LegendGS said:

BTW, are you sure your car is Canterberry Green Metallic (G-75M), and not Sherwood Green Pearl (G-78P)?

What picture are you looking at? The link leads to a 94 GS Sedan 6-Speed in the same color that you have :) Chashmere Silver Metallic (YR-505M). The add even says Chashmere Legend :D

I don't believe they made the GS in Sherwood Green Pearl either. But I could be wrong.

Oh, never mind. I see that you are refering to his GS Sedan :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LegendGS said:
Looks pretty clean from the picture. http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

$16+k seems a bit high though.

That's the way it usually goes. The moment you settle for something less than you're looking for, the thing you're looking for pops up out of no where. :D

Yep, The door sill says G-75M. Maybe I have a rare one?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
JackRabbit,

I believe that you do have a rare bird with a Canterberry Green GS. It isn't listed (at least in teh '94 brochure) as being available for the GS trim, and I actually have never seen one. Then again, the '94 Legend brochure doesn't list the GS as being available in Cashemere Silver either. :D

Chris,

Yup, they actually did produce the GS in Sherwood Green. My 6-speed is that color. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are partly right. In 1994 they didn't make the GS in my color, in fact they only offered it in three colors. However, looking at Edmunds.com, in 1995 they made the GS in 9 different colors, Canterberry Green Metallic being one of them.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yeah, good info. It always bugged me as to why they offered the GS in such limited colors. They probably woke up in '95.

BTW, in '94 they actually offered it in 4 colors; the fourth being Cashmere Silver Metallic. They didn't list it in the brochure then either. :) The other colors were black, pearl white, and sherwood green.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In any color, the GS is one of the nicest rides I have ever had. The A4 is more fun through the mountains and canyons, but for overall comprimise for long hauls, you can't beat the GS. Such nice power! **** you for getting a 6 speed though!

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yup. The GS is a great car (it IS a Legend, after all :D). I bought my 6-speed from the San Francisco area, and live in the L.A. area. On the day that I picked it up, I rented a Honda Accord (4 cyl) to drive up there (400 miles). Talk about frustration.

Being already used to my GS auto, the Accord just wasn't cutting it; especially on the uphills.

On the way home though, that GS was such a pleasure to drive. How better to appreciate a new purchase than to jump from a long haul in an Accord into a GS 6-speed. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so you went from a GS auto to a GS 6-speed? I was tempted to switch over, but i just got my auto 2 weeks ago. The 6 speed has 20K more miles on it, and I probably could have swapped the cars and been out only a grand or so, but I don't like that color as much as mine.

OK there is one more reason.... About three days a week my wife takes my GS into downtown Seattle for work, spending 50-70 minutes each way in traffic. She was pushing hard for the automatic for that reason.

When I was buying the GS (flew to Boise, ID to the dealership) they had a 1992 LS 5 speed with 38K TOTAL! on it. The LS 5 speed just didn't compare at all to the GS, even though the GS had 70K on it. Before I flew out there I thought I would end up the the LS because I am so stubborn about wanting a manual, I was shocked when I chose the auto over it.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yup, I actually still go from the GS auto to GS 6-speed, and back again. :D I still have the auto. Not so much a switch as it was an addition. :p

The Canterberry Green is a nice color. I too like it a lot. :) When I was shopping for my first GS, I told myself that I did not want to get the cashmere silver one. It was like "anything but.." Turned out that the best one I found was in fact cashmere silver, so I bought it. Now I'm glad I did. It actually gives the car a rather "classy" feel; and it has taken well to the mild mods that I have done. :)

So, even with the 6-speed, I still enjoy driving my auto a lot. My 6-speed is still stock, and I expect that it will stay that way for a while. Until it gets modded, it will just be my get-around car (better gas mileage). My auto is for when I expect to be in heavy traffic, or for when I feel like I need some attention. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, I gotta know.....

Is the six speed faster or funner to drive. I am a total manual fan, that is why I don't figure this will be my "forever" car.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
The 6-speed is definitely more fun to drive, which basically goes without saying. :D As for being faster than my auto, I'd have to say it probably isn't, but can be.

My auto is modded with a CAI, exhaust, and chip, and even with about 100 lbs of stereo equipment in my trunk, it still feels faster than the 6-speed. I've raced an almost stock GS 6-speed (with CAI) in my auto, and while he had me by a bumper 0-60, I started to pass him @ about 80.

Stock for stock though, the 6-speed is both more fun and quicker. :) That said, the GS auto is no slouch stock either. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
darn, I was hoping you would say the 6-speed is lame ;)

do you notice a serious difference with the chip and CAI?

I am also looking for some way to get some sound out of that exhaust. The problem is, I don't want the sound level to change below about 3500, but when am running the GS at 6000, I want to be able to hear that bad boy! It's a company car though, so driving down the freeway can't be any louder than it is now, you know gotta be respectable and all that

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yup, the difference with the chip and CAI was noticeable right away.

I actually got my chip before my CAI, and when I put it in, the difference was apparent. Seat-of-the-pants feel was quicker response.

When I put my CAI in, again, the difference was noticeabe. I never put in a short ram intake, so I went from stock to CAI. This probably contributed to the noticeable difference.

As for exhaust, I'm running a Remus. Of all the bolt-on exhausts available to us, the Remus is the quietest. If you're looking for a quiet exhaust that will still make itself known at higher RPMs, the Remus does it.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Do you mean the exhaust? Yup, it does sound nice at WOT. :) At idle and lower RPMs it's almost deceivingly quiet. ;)

I think that one place that is recommended by many members here is www.kctrends.com . I don't recall the exact price they're known to charge, but I do recall that it is less expensive than most other places.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
JackRabbit said:
So, I gotta know.....

Is the six speed faster or funner to drive. I am a total manual fan, that is why I don't figure this will be my "forever" car.
Well, I don't have the GS Sedan, but I had up until I sold my 95, the equal to the GS Sedan in Coupe form. I had the TYPE II 95 LS Coupe in automatic, and still have my TYPE II 93 LS Coupe 6-Speed. Yes, the 6-Speed is a lot more fun to drive, and noticably faster as well. Not like driving a Camaro and Civic, but like driving a Integra GS-R and switching to a Type R :) I just sold the wifes 95 LS Coupe about 3 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts