Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GS Bumper Repaint X2-New Pics

Tyson's GS is better than ever... Tyson will be proud. :bowdown:
I had the ABS systems on both the coupe and the GS repaired, they both needed pumps. Then the GS was off to the body shop for bumper removal and paint.
I didn't get pics of the first time removal, when I went to check on it today the bumpers were already back on the car.
They didn't match...

So off again they came...

This is the correct way to do them as long as you paint them the right color...:rolleyes:

WW:2cool:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should be back Wednesday or Thursday. I'm taking the coupe over in the morning to price 'cleaning it up' or a full repaint. I planned to take it today but it was raining. When I told Leo Jr. I left it home because of the rain he rolled his eyes... LOL
Between the two I dropped $3K on ABS pumps and a $437 oxygen sensor for the SC. My car paint budget took a hit.
Worth every penny to get rid of the nagging lights. The dealer wanted $3,100 apiece for ABS pump/modulator so I came out good.
The mechanic I use did some research and found in the last year Acura sold twice as many ABS pumps as modulators. The dealer likes to cover their ass.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE

This is how we looked today... A little darker but I think as close as they're going to get. Course the car is covered with white body shop dust.
The coupe goes in for a full repaint tomorrow when I pick up the GS.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That GS looks new again. Keeps up the good work Wayne :thumbsup:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The GS is PRISTINE ! ! !
Picked him up today and now the coupe is in for a full strip down and repaint.
Soon it will be the best of both worlds.... :party:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pumps were $1,055 ea, the balance labor and tax.
New oem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.