Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine flooded the engine on his GS. It's a total loss, now in junkyard.

We're probably going to go part out the car this weekend. My question is, what tools do I need to get the intake manifold, and possibly even the heads. I don't have time to get a Helm manual at this point.

Thanks.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a champagne colored GS automatic with beige interior. Since it's his car still, I'll ask him what he wants to do with most of the parts. I think I'm mostly going to be limited by time and my mechanical skills in getting these parts. His car is stock.

I'll keep your request for the center console in mind. How do I go about taking that thing off?

After more thought, I think I should also try and get the ECU, taillights, and corner lights.

I told him that he should try and take the GS rims and sell them.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
E K said:
It's a champagne colored GS automatic with beige interior. Since it's his car still, I'll ask him what he wants to do with most of the parts. I think I'm mostly going to be limited by time and my mechanical skills in getting these parts. His car is stock.

I'll keep your request for the center console in mind. How do I go about taking that thing off?

After more thought, I think I should also try and get the ECU, taillights, and corner lights.

I told him that he should try and take the GS rims and sell them.
Ask him if he want to sell those GS rims? I'm interested in buying them, where are you guys located? Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are the front seats okay? If they are ask him how much he'd want for the drivers side one. A pic would also help to make sure it's the right color.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
regarding the manifolds.......the nuts might be a bit hard to take off since they're subjected to alot of heat and then cooling off, u might need an impact driver, just from my experiance

·
Registered
418 Posts
to E K

What rims do you have on your 91LS, they are very nice.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HATE_ME_NOW said:
regarding the manifolds.......the nuts might be a bit hard to take off since they're subjected to alot of heat and then cooling off, u might need an impact driver, just from my experiance
Ok, thanks. If I can't get it off, then oh well. If I do go with him this weekend, I'm aiming to get the taillights, corner lights, and ECU. Hopefully the ECU didn't get fried in the water.

Regarding the console. Is it the same for coupe and sedan? Anyway, I'll tell him that there is interest for it. Give me an idea of how to take the console out.

The driver seat wasn't in too good of condition the last time I saw it. I don't know about the passenger side.

The rims are ADR RS2000 17*7 +50mm offset. 18 lbs each. I have 97 Acura CL center caps on them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
to E K

I have 97 Acura CL center caps on them.
that is so cool. they actully fit !!!???

i got to save some money, how much cost you total?

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: to E K

welovelegend said:

that is so cool. they actully fit !!!???

i got to save some money, how much cost you total?
The center caps had to be modified. I removed all the tabs in back of the center cap, and sanded the back surface smooth. Then I removed the ADR center cap on the rim, and secured the CL ones with 3M double side tape.

Rims were $150 each, center caps $20 each.

·
Registered
418 Posts
to E K

it looks really nice!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
parts

what parts did he have on it? I mean aftermarket. I'll be glad to take the springs and cambers and such if the price is right... any after market part he's selling you can let me know. Also where are you guys?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
GS eh?
if you can part out the engine, i'll take the intake manifold and the 2 plastic covers on the top of the engine(don't know what that's called).
-j

·
Registered
432 Posts
I need the spare tire changing tools, owners manual, and the fabric covered cardboard-like trunk liner. Also the driver's master window control. Any foglights? What condition is the wood trim in?

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
EK

I really need the Numbers off that ECU...please!

PX9-???

what year GS, auto? What does he want for the Y pipe all the way to the mufler? where does he live?

~Hybrid

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Does he have the folowing available:

-Front BOSE Speakers...
-Actual Trunk Switch (The one in the actual trunk)
How much would he want for those?

Oh Yes and Badging!!! is the "A" on the front grille GOLD? I'm in bad need of that, mine is cracked, lookes like someone tried to steal the "A" badge. what about the "TYPEII" emblem on the engine??

Thanks!
Let Me Know!! :)

[email protected]

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, let me hold off on any promises until I talk to him again. We're going to have to coordinate something for this weekend. If I go, I'm definitely getting the ECU (94GS auto), taillights, corner lights. It's still his car, so I'll let him know about this forum so he can sell stuff if he wants.

We're in Champaign IL right now. Car is in Chicago.

·
2,879 Posts
Ek,

If your friend does decide to part out the car I'll glady take his front hood grill.

thanks
jon

1 - 20 of 45 Posts