Acura Legend Forum banner

GS Tire calification

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  pro_foundac91 
#1 ·
I got sum gs wheels 2 weeks ago and tomorrow is the day i get sum new rubber to wrap them. I know that the stock tire size is 215/55r16 are there any alternative tire sizes i can put on? i dont mind if it affects my gas mileage a bit just as long as there is no rubbing

#5 ·
Size Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference

215/55-16 4.7in 12.7in 25.3in 79.5in 797 0.0%
245/50-16 4.8in 12.8in 25.6in 80.6in 786 1.3%

Should work, not sure about rubbing though. Speedo will be 1.3% too slow.

#8 ·
i ma not a tires expert and i got a question of my own.

well like many of yous, change my tires alot. and at times the dude would say, we dont got that size , but a size nexts to it that will fit. so after a few years later, my tire size for my 95 legend LS is 195 60 r 15. is that the stock size tires for my car. cause when i took it to the shop they ask for my size i told them it and was like, thats small for a legend. so it got me wonderiing. is that the stock size? or the damn tire places dont have my size and keep on giving me the wrong size??

#11 ·
Go with 225/55R16. That's what I have. Anything wider would be pushing it. Keep in mind the GS rims are only 16x6.5. 245 series tires require the rim width to be atleast 7" so the sidewalls will "balloon" like a mofo on GS rims. Sure there's not a lot of difference in terms of the height with the 245s vs stock but too much of a contact patch is not a good thing. I think 225/55 is the ideal size, you get the perfect balance of ride quality, fuel economy and handling. 225s fill out the wheel well nicely too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.