Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

A few days ago I ordered an underdrive crank pulley made by a company called GT for our 2nd Gen Legends and was wondering if anyone else has tried one out?

For $119.95 plus shipping which comes to 124.95 this company claims that with their 20% reduction pulley system you can Reduce Peristaltic Drag, Decrease Rotating Mass, Increase Horsepower, Torque and Fuel Economy

The pulley itself is made of high grade aircraft quality billet aluminum and has been proven to give a 9 horsepower gain on a chassis dyno.

Sounds kick a$$ to me, almost 10 precious horses for $125.00 bucks

Let me know what you all think

Vito

:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Your doing better than me... I didn't know that a company made an aftermarket pulley for the legend.

Please post your experience with it when you get the chance.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
I heard that pullies draw current from electrical components Altenator (i think)
It doesn't draw power, it just creates a drain on the system and causes less power to get to your systems.

We argued about pullies back in January. Unless we get a dyno sheet posted, I continue to think it is not a worthwhile mod.

·
Registered
191 Posts
So what does this "drawing power from the alternator" do to the rest of the electrical systems in the car, such as the stereo and lights and such?

-GR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts