Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this might sound like a stupid idea but has anyone though about putting a h22( jap. prelude engine) in our cars i know this mmight sound stupid but it puts out 220hp stcok wich is alomost a type 2 it is a 4 cyl. but it has alot of performance options. please w/b on youopinions..

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
that's a very viable option.... it depends on the tranny combination...

I want this:

5-cyl inline Vigor engine
turbo manifold
60 trim turbocharger
intercooled
S2K gearbox (or similar RWD gearbox... Richmond Gear, perhaps)
LSD in the back
3.73 rear end on a 6-speed

I can dream...

·
Registered
463 Posts
um..I don't think that would be such a good idea. A Prelude engine will not have enough torque to move your car correctly because its only a Inline 4, and your Legend weighs almost two tons. The Legend engine is one of the best engines ever created by Honda Motors; we all should feel lucky. Remember horsepower isn't everything, torque is just as important.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i hope you are wanting to do this to a G1. And the lude doesnt put out 220hp its like 200hp and ALOT less torque. It could be done to a G1 legend but i dono why you would want to. I could imagine a lude guy putting the bigger legend engine in but not the other way around. And besides all that i have yet to lose to a prelude but i dono if u have a G1 or G2

·
Registered
799 Posts
i don't think it's that out of the question...after all Top Secret's GT-300 Supra is powered by a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder putting out 700 hp. It was used for better weight distribution. Also, TOM's Castrol Supra is powered by a 2.0 as well putting out 600hp

1998 Top Secret GT-300
Engine: Toyota 3S-GTE four-cylinder, 2.2-litres
Induction: Trust T88 34D turbocharger, 100mm Veilside throttle-body, custom intake manifold/ plenum chamber, Trust type C external wastegate, Trust Profec B EBC, max 1.8bar boost (26psi), Trust three-row air-to-air intercooler, four auxiliary injectors
Internals: Top Secret ported head, HKS metal head gasket, HKS grind cams, HKS adjustable pulleys, heavy duty cam belt, Garage ***ui stroker crank, Garage ***ui stroker rods, Garage ***ui 2.2-litre pistons
Ignition: HKS F-CON V Pro ECU piggy-back
Exhaust: Top Secret custom-made 50mm tube manifold, Top Secret Titan Pro 100 four-inch exhaust system
Drivetrain
Gearbox: Getrag six-speed H-pattern
Differential: TRD LSD
Clutch: OS Giken triple plate
Brakes: 355mm Trust rotors, Alcon four-piston calipers
Wheels & Tyres
Front & Rear: (f) 19x9.5 Rays Volk TE85, 255/35 Yokohama Advan Neovas, (r) 19x10.5 Rays Volk TE85, 275/35 Yokohama Advan Neovas
Power Output: 530kW @ 8500rpm

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hey, I built that car! (j/k), obviously....:D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Someone hurry up and throw a turbo 13B into one of these cars! Better Yet, throw the 20B tri-rotor into a Coupe. I can get it if anyone wants to try it!!! Fun Summer Project!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Legendary94GS
The Supra is WAY lighter than the Legend, thats why it can get away with only a inline 4..it doesn't require that much torque.

·
Registered
799 Posts
LegendaryAcs said:
Legendary94GS
The Supra is WAY lighter than the Legend, thats why it can get away with only a inline 4..it doesn't require that much torque.
GVWR 1993.5 Supra 4255lbs
GVWR 1994 Legend GS 4500lbs

not too big of a difference

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
But then realize that these cars were purpose built as top speed runners. True they picked the 1ZZ-GTE for weight distribution. but it's also easier to get everything balanced over a 2JZ-GTE. These supras in no way is as heavy as a Supra that rolled out of the factory. The thing is probably loaded up on carbon fiber and fiberglass to lighten the thing up like crazy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
GVWR 1993.5 Supra 4255lbs
GVWR 1994 Legend GS 4500lbs
Dude your specs are off!

1993 Supra Turbo ~3,415 lbs.
N/A ~3,215lbs.
1994 Legend GS ~3,516lbs.

These are stock numbers, your off by like a thousand pounds. Those number's are like the weight of of a Chevy Tahoe. I agree w/ everyone who says putting in a H22 in a Legend is a bad idea. The H22's came in Ludes from 1997-2001 and wieghs around 3000lbs depending if it's the base or SH. Horsepower and Torque is not the same thing. Torque is what moves the car. Yes there is a lot of aftermarket support for the H23 and H22, but you are losing power when putting it in a Legend. sAnE is right about the H22 SiR(Japan) outting out 220hp, but the USDM H22 put out only 200hp. The Legend is actually a better base engine to work with when you plan to add a turbo or supercharger. The Accords can easily take the H-series engines with minor modifications, I doubt that it can fit in the Legend without major mods to the engine bay. You mostly hear lude motor swaps in Accords because parts aare even interchangeable. For example, the lude motor can work with the Accord's tranny and vice-versa.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was just say ing cuz then you can easy drop a bot on turbo system and u got def enogh tourque

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nope you do not have enough torque. 156 lbs/ft vs 210lbs/ft. Swap in that H22 and what your accel. times rise. With the amount of money you spend on the H22 w/ turbo Kit and modifications to the legend it's not worth it. You should just go w/ a custom turbo for that kind of money.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i stand corrected, hey that's what the door stickers said

·
Registered
56 Posts
GVWR stands for Gross Viechle Weight Rating. That is the wight that includes full fluid capacity and full payload. In reality you will not be around that wieght, especially when racing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea actually you gain alot of torque espeically in the top end... ALOS I GOT A PRICE FOR MY 2ND GEN COUPE 5,000 FOR A TURBO INTERCOOLED N BOOST CONTROLLERS... I WAS WONDER IF IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE I MEAN THIS SUPOSEIVLY IS PRETY GOOD HE IS DOING A TYPE R TURBO NOW..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sane, who can do the turbo kit for $5k? If it's really true, I'll be saving up my money now.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THERE IS A SHOP OUT HERE IN STATEN ISLAND NEW YORY.. HE SAYS HE CAN DEF. DO ONEW.. ALSO HE CLAIMS THAT HE DID ONE LIKE A YR. AGO ON A VIGOR.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HE JUST DID MY FRIENDS TYPE R TURBO... HE IS ALSO CURRENTLY DOING MY FIRENDWS IMPREZA WITH A WHOLE CUSTIM TURBO MANIFOLD AND ALL CUSTIM PIPING.. IF THIS GOES WELL WITH HIM AND AFTER 3 MONTHS HE SHOWS NO PROBLEMS I WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER GOING TO HIM...SO HOPEFULLY I WILL BE ROLLING THE FIRST TURBO LEGEND IN NY.. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE LOLOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts