G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahahaha that was good you little prick hahahhahhahhah
no its about my last thread, hahahhahhahhha

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Eh um..You are cool man..You are also banned...:D<---Smilie doesn't indicate a joke, you really are banned...

Oh wait, you won't see this, I forgot...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4815

Look at the title of the post...I blocked the "J" word from appearing and in that thread(but not the title for some reason) it is shown as asterisks, so in a way DaveC, yes its edited:)...

Some may see me banning him as harsh but I gave him proper warning and he didn't apologize and he decided to create another useless thread(This thread) about my warning I guess. I think being strict is key. The day that I start letting people get away with what I don't think my forums should have is the day they see what they can do and start to take advantage of it.(Amd I am a pretty leniant guy) There are other forums for unacceptable material.

This shows his immaturity.
92Legendary_L said:

ONe thing in America there is a thing called freedom of speech!
Second, I said I hope not to offend anyone!
Last, I even called myseld a 'yank' just like they call us around the world!
So don't try telling me NOTHING!
That occured in the other thread after some had already been offended and he states "I said I hope not to offend anyone"...The fact is he can hope all he wants but he did offend some.

·
Registered
282 Posts
sucker.

btw, if he uses dial-up, can't he still get back in the forums? dial up uses a different IP every single time...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Matt Whelan said:
Eh um..You are cool man..You are also banned...:D<---Smilie doesn't indicate a joke, you really are banned...

Oh wait, you won't see this, I forgot...
I think I read one of the other posts and I do recall you giving him fair and advance warning. I myself am a black man ( Been that way all my life :D ) and it still bothers me when anyone says offensive things to people, especially after they have stated that they don't appreciate it. That is a sign of pure ignorance and an obvious show that this person became a Legend owner by mistake. We, the people, of Legend ownership of the world, have class and treat others with respect.

So Matt, although you're not the same guy I went to high school with by the same name, I think you make good decisions and I fully back you.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
About banning...

Not sure how it works on forums, but in my experiences as being admin of some gaming servers, and some online communities, I believe, you can Ban the account, but you can also take a further step, and ban the IP address.

Now if the IP address is constantly changing (such as Dial-Up, or PPPoE xDSL) you can ban a subnet.. for example if the ip is: "xx.xxx.xxx.xxx" you can simply do: "xx.xxx.xxx.*"

The astrix will count as a wild card and block all IPs in that block, of course, by doing that you also run the risk of blocking out other users, the chances of that are small, unless someone in his same general neighborhood area, who has the same ISP, amd also access the forums...then it would be a problem...

if the user still gets through, then you can block further up the block range... like xx.xxx.*.* of course, that would run an EVEN GREATER chance of blocking out users who live near the same region, on the same ISP. I recommend, tracing the IP, finding out the ISP, and seeing if it's a small local one or a big one like MSN, Etc.. that can potentially block out a lot of users...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:

I think I read one of the other posts and I do recall you giving him fair and advance warning. I myself am a black man ( Been that way all my life :D ) and it still bothers me when anyone says offensive things to people, especially after they have stated that they don't appreciate it. That is a sign of pure ignorance and an obvious show that this person became a Legend owner by mistake. We, the people, of Legend ownership of the world, have class and treat others with respect.

So Matt, although you're not the same guy I went to high school with by the same name, I think you make good decisions and I fully back you.
Exactly, if he would have apologized and not posted this thread he wouldn't have been banned and all would be good...Him creating another thread just shows he is immature, doesn't care, and isn't grown up enough to admit what he is done, and go on...

Haha, that is cool....I wanna meet another Matt Whelan...So he spelled it(the Whelan) the same way?

Thanks for supporting my decision(s) man....If he emails me and apologizes I may consider this not being a permanent ban...Lets just wait and see if he has learned his lesson...Like I want all legend owners to be able to gain knowledge about their legends but for the time being, mr. 92Legendary_L is grounded.:D

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
People can claim free speech all day, but every place is allowed to have their own set of rules, and here, racial remarks shouldn't exist, and are strongly out of place. I fully support your decision.
so if i said i saw a Mustang Gt with a big red R sticker across the rearfender&window, & referred to it as an Unle Ben's car..would that be offensive?

or if i said that 5.0's suck & are slow pieces of crap & to see one race is comparable to stepping in cow dung?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.