Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here a licensed ham radio operator?? If so, drop me a note back .. Looking for anyone with a general class license or higher, we can try and get a contact on HF, I can operate 10-80.

·
Registered
812 Posts
While I'm not into ham radio & stuff liked that, I do know a cutomer of mine who's really into it.
He's liked the president of the local ham chapter here in MD.

email me if you want to contact him.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well with Ham Radio you can talk around the world pretty much, depending on the time of day and the bands that you operate on. Also, you have to pass exams in morse code and theory in order to operate on the ham bands. With CB, anyone can go out and buy a radio to use, so you never know who you're going to be talking to on the other end.

That's why I wanted to post this thread, because if someone was in Cali and had a ham license, we could set up a time and band/freqency, and could probably communicate the 3000 miles from coast to coast.

I think what you're trying to do with CB is just to find some local guys out in Virginia, but I don't think anyone, either in VA or the US has responded about anything yet, so I don't know .. ???

·
Registered
460 Posts
yeah hopefully i can get some guys who have tucked their old CB radios to hook them back up so when can have a Legend Channel...Ham radios are great

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just remembered the name.. The movie is called 'Frequency'.

Since I am bringing this topic back to life again .. Any ham radio operators here on the forums ??

·
Rebuilding :(
4,614 Posts
where are you abouts? If i can ill see if he can get you. When i lived back in NY my dad had a tower in our backyard. The darn thing got struck by lightning though. Burned out his reciever. It was good for a while, he got all over the world. But now there is this thing called echolink. IT can connect you to all these repeaters all over the world. He also used to have a repeater himself but got fried.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.