Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to Legend Temple on my ride's page....look at the center console...something missing????? Am I the only one that doesn't have a hand emergency brake??? Mine is a foot emergency brake with the release under the steering wheel. Did' nt know if this was only on JDM's??!!

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Hi Jason,

Yes! I´m envying you. The foot emergency brake (like Mercedes)are only for Japan Domestic Market, England and Australia! And thus, all RHD (means right hand drivers only). Too bad :mad: , not for USA and Germany. And the next different is, that all RHD´s have an cig lighter, located in the back of your console. In my reading manual, you can see the differents. See pic! Footbrake is better than handbrake !!!
Hope this helps.

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Well, considerring yours is a JDM, that's not surprising .... do the EDM's have a foot pedal as well? Personally, that is the one JDM thing that I would NOT want

·
Registered
996 Posts
MikeD said:
thus, all RHD (means right hand drivers only). Too bad :mad: , not for USA and Germany.
Well, that answers that1

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
u guys in japan always have something batter than we are here in US

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
id prefer handbrake to footbrake anyway............................so much easier to use and more accesible in case u ever need to use it in emergency or if ur brakes go out or anything like that

u can engage and release it much easier and faster

and plus sometimes u might wanna do some donuts in the snow or do a drift or powerslide or anything like that :p

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
FINALLY!!! I never thought this day would come where i find something about USDM that i like better than JDM. Personally, i think you have more control with a handbrake than foot. I ve used those joints on American cars and don't like em one bit.:p

·
Five- O
857 Posts
The location of emergency brake may have to do with the transmission type - Do Jdm manual tranny legends also have the foot brake.

The reason i bring it up is b/c my fathers CL type s (auto) has the emergency brake on by the foot wheel- but in the new 6 speed version it's a hand brake.
The only reason that i can think of for the change is b/c in a manual tranny the u can use the hand brake to keep u from rolling back when starting at a really step hill- I've used it b/4

esti

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is no such thing as a manual transmission JDM Legend..it was only produced for sales outside Japan....and they still make Legends here...I saw a new coupe and sedan on the lot today!!!!!!!!!! It wheres the letter name plates in the states.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
a NEW coupe!? i think im moving to japan soon.

·
Registered
996 Posts
jrock7791 said:
There is no such thing as a manual transmission JDM Legend..it was only produced for sales outside Japan
I never knew that ... that sucks (for Japanese buyers anyway). Does Japan have an aversion to manuals? Maybe with all the taffic it's too much hassle in a manual....

jrock7791 said:
I saw a new coupe and sedan on the lot today!!!!!!!!!! It wheres the letter name plates in the states.
I think you're either mistaken on the Coupe, or you're just pulling our leg. Sedan, yes, but Coupe?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
how was it lookin?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Jrock, is your interior 2-tone? Is that OEM?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts