Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i show down for a yeild then apply the accelerater i sometimes reves for a tiny sec and hits hard into gear if you know what i mean ...like its taking a sec to catch then when it does its bangs into gear. any ideas??? could this be related to tranny mount?

·
Registered
163 Posts
same thing with my 94 coupe, I think it might be a common thing however with the legends and automatic trans, my friend has a forrester and her cars does the same thing as well as my mom's maxima.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
for all of you guys, that does not sound good at all. It may be time for the 3x tranny flush. It is detailed in the DIY section here. Neither of my Legends does that, and I tend to drive hard.....but just an FYI, if you press the gas and the car doesn't respond as it should, it is time to break out the helms. It can be a variety of things, but I will not speculate, go forth, brethren, and handle that, and report your results.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Common on Automatic Legend Trannies, my Second Gen (1994) Auto Sedan does this.

My First Gen (1990) Legend Coupe used to do it too, I simply changed the oil on it to HondaATF and it no longer did it, it's really smooth now. So I went ahead and changed it (regular change, not flush) on my Second Gen too, and it did get smoother, but the first gear shift is still rather rough, it may be in need of a flush. As of now, my First Gen, shifts smoother than my Second Gen.

Could also be a mount...

·
Registered
142 Posts
hard shift after a stop.

add me to the list. I finally got my 1991 L legend and that is the one thing that is driving me insane. I am going to change the transmission fluid and the rear mount and i hope that solves the problem. i will let you know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts