Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i got my car i having morning problems with stating. Everymorning the car have hard time to start. So far i replaced fuel filter ait filter, spark plugs Tbelt. im thinking is eather Main Relay or my fuel pressure . It only happend when the car sits overnight.

· Registered
60 Posts
I have the samwe problem, and ive replaced the head gaskit, bat.,timing belt,water pump,tranny all that great stuff ive had the whole motor rebuilt and still it happens what i'm thinkin it is is the oxegen senser so i'm goin to try replacing that and see if it helps, let me know if anything works for you and i'll do the same

· Registered
3,484 Posts
i was having this problem also, and after about a week or so. eventually got to the point that my car wouldn't start due to something with the battery/power. turns out the battery wouldn't charge any higher than 175 cranking amps and was a real bad battery. This showed only when it started to get cold. Replaced the battery with a brand new one and car starts up almost instantly after turning the key no problems!

· has left the building
7,314 Posts
Just had to replace an 2 year old Optima Red Top 75/35 that blew a gel cell last night. Glad these have a 6/72 warranty. The whip was doing all kinds of weird electrical sh!t until I got the old one out. I would check there first.

· Registered
160 Posts
I wonder if the battery is my problem. My car was doing this before it got real cold though... when it sits overnight, you turn it over for about 10 to 15 seconds before it lights up and runs. When the engine is warm... starts without a problem...

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will look in to that. also what is the correct battery for legend

· Registered
3,484 Posts
most people will say optima. but i just replaced my battery and went with some brand i never heard of at my local O'reilli's autoparts. i got it becuase it had a 2/72 warranty which was ok for me. plus it was only 40 bucks :) so the most i'll have to spend if it goes out in after 6 years won't ever be more than 40 bucks for a brand new one.

· Registered
189 Posts
I run an optima yellow in the summer because the life is incredible, i have my cooling fans run to a switch inside the car and i left them on for four hours this morning walked out of class and it started right up...no problem. But when it starts getting cold i switch to a super start extremem climate 940 CCA and 32 F

· know 'm ool
1,430 Posts
i kinda have the same problem....it used to be a lot worse before i changed out my battery to a optima blue top.

also, i will usually leave my car in the ON position for a little while, just to let the fuel pump pressurize, before trying to start my car. it seems to help a little.

this is a pretty common problem, i remember seeing threads about it in the past. but i'm guessing you searched already.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think OEM battery is like 70$. The batery thay i have right now is Durablast and it was bought at autozone, i can't find any date on it so i don't know how long ago .
Im thinking go OEM or Diehard but thouse seems to have some fiting problems.

· Registered
17 Posts
This happens to me too, but I think it has very little to do with the engine being cold. Rather how long it has been sitting around since it was started last.

The other day the Legend sat out over night, and I had to crank it over a few times to get it to start. I drove about 2 minutes max to the mail box, shut the car off and check my mail. After I got back in the car started like a champ (still very cold.)

The battery and spark plugs were replaced last year along with a BHG job which included WP, Timing Belt, fuel filter etc. This leads me to blame lack of fuel pressure.... :confused:

· Registered
162 Posts
What weight oil do you use? The engine won't start until enough pressure is in the oil line and if you are using 10w30 or 10w40 instead of 5w30 this can cause hard starting in cold weather because it is not as viscous. The idea is to circulate the oil as fast as possible. But yea, it can be your battery if not this.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just had me battery tested and is holding not egnoth voltage , simply my battery slowly going bye bye.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.