Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, anyone ever listen to the 6 1/2 (front) Harmon Kardon's found on the BMW Z3 (newer model such as 2001)? They're rated at 30watts.

How do they compare to the stock front two Bose 6 1/2s in the Premium sound system?
-
Just between those two speakers, not any others. BTW what's the max power on the BOSE fronts?

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Last time I checked, the H-K speakers in the BMW's were esentially JBL speakers. They may be slightly different from the JBL's we can buy, but they are very close if not the same. I would definately choose those over the BOSE speakers. It's not the power rating that creates a quality speaker, its the materials and engineering used to construct it. The max power for each speaker on the permium BOSE systems is 50 watts.

G

·
I don't know, I think that a lot of the people on these forums being second owners had people before that may not have taken very good care of there car. My Bose (non-premium, 4ohm) system blows away some of the premium ones away that I have heard. I have it running off an Alpine CDM-7871 deck, but it sounded sweet even before I had the deck, and my subwoofer. The only thing that gave me **** was one of the rear 6x9's which got a tear in it but a little RTV silicone fixed it right up :D. Being that the speakers are cardboard :p they wear a lot faster than most normal cones and especially for some of you guys that live in hotter areas than seattle, where its usually just cloudy and rainiy :( (still love it here though).

I have heard the system in a BMW 740, which I think was a Harmon kardon and it sounded about the same as our Bose, but I was with one of my friends parents and he never turned it up very loud or put in the kind of music that I would test bass with, etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
the stock bose in our legends in my opinion are way better than the HK's in BMW cars, i know because i drive alegend work on BMW's.
Aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts