Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site when looking for some rear OEM Shocks. They quoted me $144.63 per shock for genuine Honda parts. Not bad considering my local Canadian dealership quoted me close to $300 each.

I was just curious to know if any of you have had experience buying from this company? Any bad experiences?

Thanks,
SaGe69

·
aclegend
741 Posts
yes its legit, my friend ordered these for his RL, btw u mite also want to try acura of augusta, mite be cheaper...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just found this site when looking for some rear OEM Shocks. They quoted me $144.63 per shock for genuine Honda parts. Not bad considering my local Canadian dealership quoted me close to $300 each.

I was just curious to know if any of you have had experience buying from this company? Any bad experiences?

Thanks,
SaGe69
Yes they are def. legit. They are based out of Delray beach, Florida(Acura & Hyundai dealer). I bougth many parts from there.

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
Uhm. mtkng? I don't exactly know why you would ask that here. The answer is YES - a type II has a more free-flowing exhaust, so if you are talking coupes, yes they are different.

Back to the original thread:
Sage, i second what another member said about Acura of Augusta. Very easy to deal with, and much cheaper than the canadian dealerships. Might be slightly cheaper to ship here as well, as it's based out of Georgia as opposed to florida.

·
Registered
707 Posts
its 105 from hondapartsunlimited.com
I just started buying from them on my last Acura order and I was satisfied. AOA just kinda needs to get a web site cause you aren't really guaranteed a discount unless it's in black and white(or colors on your computer screens). Not saying that this has or will happen, but what if one of the guys on the phone wants to be a jerk(like many parts guys can be, my cousin is one for Infiniti. lOl) then, no discount for you(parts natzi).

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
its 105 from hondapartsunlimited.com
I called them before .... they will NOT ship to Canada ! :wtf:

If you want to order from them, it's $106 each for the fronts and $117 each for the rears plus a $9 per order handling charge. They are OEM Acura parts.

Sage, all we need is a shipping address in Buffalo to order from them, which I can try to get .... Then we can order and go get them ! I would love to do this, we'lll save a bundle and we can drive down together and bring 'em back .... let me know.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called them before .... they will NOT ship to Canada ! :wtf:

If you want to order from them, it's $106 each for the fronts and $117 each for the rears plus a $9 per order handling charge. They are OEM Acura parts.

Sage, all we need is a shipping address in Buffalo to order from them, which I can try to get .... Then we can order and go get them ! I would love to do this, we'lll save a bundle and we can drive down together and bring 'em back .... let me know.
Thanks for the heads up, Stu... I'll call them to confirm. Hopefully they've changed their shipping policies since then.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, Stu... I'll call them to confirm. Hopefully they've changed their shipping policies since then.
I already called them today and spoke with Randy.
I begged him to ship them to me, but he said he couldn't.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
i only asked because i was checking that site out.. ^__^ sorry to go off topic.. i just saw they had type II exhausts.. and wondered... didnt wanna start a new thread.. sorry.

but from what im reading.. they do not ship to canada? ... just get a friend or family member in the states to order and ship them.. :)

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, Stu... I'll call them to confirm ...
let me know what you find out. My shocks need to be replaced and I really am not interested in Koni, KYB, Tokico or Gabriel/Monro if I can get four OEM shocks for $440 plus a drive to Buffalo.

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
why not interested in konis? even without a drop they will function fine as OEM replacements, no?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
why not interested in konis? even without a drop they will function fine as OEM replacements, no?
I am sure they will function fine, but I think a shock "designed" for a Legend are the best choice for me because I am not looking for something different ( adjustable, firmer/better performing ) The only reason I considered Koni before is because I would never pay $1,200 plus tax for shocks for a 14 year old car. I would sell the car before doing that. If they were available in Toronto for this price I would already have them on the car.

Buying them for $440 US plus a drive to Buffalo is a bargain.

·
Registered
165 Posts
hondapartsunlimited.com = awesome... cheaper than everywhere... my local dealer wants 15 for a regular Acura oil filter, whereas hondapartsunlimited wants like 10 ish...buy other parts and this is very cheap...

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
OK I have a Buffalo ship to address, and plan to order these in the next week. Anyone in Toronto interested ? let me know. We can order and have them shipped together for pick up when they arrive.

Let me know

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I will be ordering them next week.
Are there any other parts that should be ordered with the shocks that are part of the shock assembly ? mounts ? bushings ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts