Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to go dual i was wondering if any of you have any tips or any advice.
thanks
Adam

·
LegendaryRL
346 Posts
from what i know, if you put a dual exhaust on a legend it's gonna make the car even slower. i don't know the reasons for it, but that's what i heard

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
My shop is finishing up the design for my dual side pipes. i will have them on by NOPI. I havent heard of power loss before. Let me know what causes this. I am planning on using an x-pipe, and not going overboard on the pipe diameter. let me know anything!
Later!
Lee

By the way has anyone done a side exaust on a Legend yet?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
My mechanic and i looked at the setup, and we figured that a dual setup from the manifolds themselves is duable, not just slitting the pipe near the rear and putting on another muffler, but actually having the pipes come strait out from each manifold before they combine.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
CODY690 said:
yeah it has been done.
check out the legend temple in the G2 gallery.
That pic is photoshopped. Look closely for the reflections.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
CODY690 said:
the exhaust pipe follows a path up in the car so there is not much or any room to really do it i dont think but i dono
it would be a tight sqeeze especially around the heat shield area but it can be done, luckily for me he can do all the pipe cutting himself, so basically it will be a custom type job, what he'll possible do(this is one possibility) is make the sections that go under the heat shields a bit more narrow in width to have both pipes fit in the original path of the pipe. Now the other thing he we where looking at is if we could route the second pipe around the gas tank for the other side.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
I was at my shop when they put my Legend in the air. We mapped a good path for a true dual exaust system. Right as we were pulling the car down a 6-cylinder mustang showed up. he had the Roush side pipes. I loved it. we checked my car again, and found this to be a lot easier. I havn't decided. If I get the side exaust I will need to find a good custom tip manufacturer. My mechanic said he would be willing to reproduce which ever exaust I get, only after NOPI. I can also hook you up with him, he is in south ATL. I think a nice set of chrome oval tips would look good sticking out right infront of the tires. Maybe one of the photoshop Gods can make a pic for us to look at. Oh yeah, my dual exaust system is a X-pipe, which means the pipes meat and seperate in a X. This is an old hotrod trick, it equalizes the exaust pressure. it also changes the sound.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
hmmmmm sounds interesting Lee, i'd definately would like to see what u mean in person, Maybe when we get this Atl Meet going we can.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Another ATL meet? When? Let me know. I might be able to make it. I probably wont have the exaust, intake, or vennom 400 for at least 2 months. If anyone wants a custom exaust based on a Legend Coupe let me know. I can have them fit it to my car, and ship it if required. But, remember, no one gets mine until after NOPI.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I just noticed today, the Acura-CL has dual pipes as well. Is the Type-S the only one that has it, or does the regular CL have them as well?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dual pipes will have no advantage over a well designed single other than looks. Unless of course you want to run a crazy ass turbo or something and need all that extra flow. Since I don't know of anyone doing this on a legend the only thing dual exhausts will get you is more weight. I was going to try to run a true dual exhuast but I couldn't find a shop that would do it. They all said that it's illegal for smog purposes. If you can find a shop that can do it and like the look I'd definately go for it. I would have. Good luck guys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts