Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put 94/95 emblems on a 91-93 Legend? I just bought the letters that spell L E G E N D and I was wondering if anyone's ever put them on their car? I will probably save them until I buy my new trunk lid...but I was just curious!!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I've had my 94-95 emblems sitting around for the longest time...Eventually, I am going to take my old emblems off, get the holes shaved over, and apply the 94-95 emblems...

You have a 93, so I think you just have holes behind your current "LEGEND"...If I were you, I would just take the old emblems off, apply the new L E G E N D, and then find something to cover up the hole where your old "LEGEND" was....I would put a Type S emblem over it...Who cares if its rice, if it cheapens a mod by $200...

·
Registered
154 Posts
On my 93 Coupe, I removed the 'Acura' and the 'Legend' there were no holes behind either, instead held on by some glue. As far as I know, 93 coupes only have holes for the 'A' emblem

Hope this helps

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I've seen the 94-95 Legend script on 91-93 trunk lids before. It looks okay, but as Legend owners it is obvious what was done.

Also, the holes behind the Legend on the right upper trunk is behind the 91-92. For some reason the 93 (Fortunately for me and others with a 93) does not have them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ChrisK said:
I've seen the 94-95 Legend script on 91-93 trunk lids before. It looks okay, but as Legend owners it is obvious what was done.

Also, the holes behind the Legend on the right upper trunk is behind the 91-92. For some reason the 93 (Fortunately for me and others with a 93) does not have them.
I am 1 more person to concur! I replaced emblems on my 92, 93 & 94 (I put on Gold Kits). The 92 had holes behind the Legend but the 93 definately had no holes for the Acura or Legend. It did have holes for the "A" emblem.

Also unless you are a complete neat freak - I would not use glue - I tried the 3M EMBLEM glue -it was real stringy and got all over the place. Get the 3M Molding tape (use 3M only -its in Walmart) It is REAL PAIN trying to cut the tape into tiny pieces for the letters but it sticks very very well with no mess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt Whelan said:
and then find something to cover up the hole where your old "LEGEND" was....I would put a Type S emblem over it...Who cares if its rice, if it cheapens a mod by $200...
Nahhh.. at least find A Type II emblem... Not a Type S...:D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
Has anyone put 94/95 emblems on a 91-93 Legend? I just bought the letters that spell L E G E N D and I was wondering if anyone's ever put them on their car? I will probably save them until I buy my new trunk lid...but I was just curious!!
Please tell me where you bought yours? and how much it cost you. I've been looking for a replacement L E G E N D emblems forever.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: Re: Has anyone done this?

WhiteLegend said:

Please tell me where you bought yours? and how much it cost you. I've been looking for a replacement L E G E N D emblems forever.
I know it is a little more expensive at the dealer, but they all can still order them for you. I just picked up my 95 Legend script for $65 or so at my local Acura dealer. It took about 1 week for the order to come here to Hawaii though. But, they still make them and stock them, so it shouldn't be too hard to get one. I think Acura of Augusta has the best price for it though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't buy them at the dealer!!! Way toooo much money...I belive about 8 dollars a letter at discount! I bought mine at a Junkyard and they cost about 3-4 dollars for the whole set!

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
see the problem is with the L E G E N D when its not bought fromt he dealer you have to put each letter on individually and unless your really good they will be all crooked the dealer gives them to you in a foam thing they are all spaced correct and u just stick it on your trunk and you only have to make sure the strip isnt crooked

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's bound to be a way to get ahold of this strip...maybe the dealer will sell it seperately...unless you take the time to make your own, but...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was going to order the CL/TL emblems (not CL, TL emblem) and put them on my legend. Somebody did this before and it looked pretty sweet. He had the cl "Acura" emblem in the middle of the trunk, the 3.2 in the left corner and i think legend still in the right corner.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Roger said:
see the problem is with the L E G E N D when its not bought fromt he dealer you have to put each letter on individually and unless your really good they will be all crooked the dealer gives them to you in a foam thing they are all spaced correct and u just stick it on your trunk and you only have to make sure the strip isnt crooked
Yea, I loce that foam template. Plus like you said it has all new OEM adheasive. Truthfully, if you are really good, you probably can line it up well, also almost any body shop can get teh proper adheasive backing, but sometimes new is better. If someone knows of a better place to buy new that would be better. I made the mistake of ordering these parts by myself and not through my body shop where I can get it at their cost which would save me a lot of money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.