Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 91 4 door legend with a 6-speed manual type II tranny but with a type I engine, custom green paint job, custom BMW 5-series angel eye headlights. custom S2000 taillights, a custom fit Octane front bumper, Octane Sides, Cyber rear bumper, APR G-Force Wing, 18's, Dropped, with CAI, Custom downpipes and dual exhaust, and soon to be turbo charged. This is Maxximum Tuning's Project Legend Here

·
Registered
160 Posts
Aye, If only I could get a set of those headlights.
And the wing, hmmm, *you hear quiet inner chuckles* just not my type

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Funny thing is Jay (owner of this Legend) blew his 1st tranny... a 5 speed. When he took it to Acura for repair it came out a 6-speed since they only had a six speed available. The tech at Acura said it bolt right on to the type I engine.

** Oh yea the grill took to long to get here before these pictures were taken. It should be here tommorrow. These aren't the last pics of course because now we're going to start working on the interior, system, engine, and undercarraige....not much bondo just sheet metal.but well see how people at the shows rate it.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
The G2 5speed tranny is virtually identical to the 6speed tranny, so a 6 will bolt right on to the 5. So having a TypeI 6 speed is not hard, as long as you have a 5spd already. But it's the auto to 6speed that's harder to do. Since the auto is completely different from the manual.

Max Tuning: Did the BMW headlights fit the Legend? From what I see from the pics, the hood was not modified at all, but the fenders where the corners are were modified, is that correct?

·
#108 of 144 pairs
133 Posts
Hats off!

No matter what anyone says, it is the definition of a show car.

I personally am more subtle in my approach and this particular style is not to my taste~ but the conversion items, paint, custom custom work will bring the points when you do show.

Godd luck and much love for reppin'!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Headlights...

It was actually easier to put the Honda S2000 tailights in according to the bodyshop. The hood had to be modified a little bit but thats where it was difficult as far as not cutting to much or not cutting enough... the bodykit had to cusomized for the headlights also but it was already being customized to fit the car since it was for an Accord. The wiring was another pain in the ass and when his HID's come in its going to start all over again. Also... you can't notice it from the small pictures the front bumper and rear bumper were molded onto the body of the car so it all looks one piece. 6 months and $7,800 in customization paid off.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
i love everything and i mean everything except...teh tail lights, it was altezza before, now its gonna be s2000's which to me aren't that awsome, BUT EVERYBODY HAS THERE THING. love the front bumber the headlights and everything else. the color is definitely...original:confused:...:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
nice....

question though:

how did you turn a 5spd engine into a 6spd engine? or do you have a 6spd, but can't get into 6th gear?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.